Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded 360, had issues, cancelled TV.

Been a Virgin Media subscriber for years and years and my biggest regret was the 360 upgrade.

I paid £24.99 for the upgrade and had issues soon after with lost audio and the box turning off(standby) like someone pressed the power button. Formats and reboots meant I have missed TV shows and recordings multiple times over the month trying to fix issues.

I followed all instructions/appointments and still happened - the engineer turned up and was same unhelpful person from my broadband problems visits from a few months before. 

((Told me I had pirate software on my fire sticks causing the issues with router crashing and dropping wifi for everyone PCs etc - not true and I invited him to examine the devices, he declined.  Refused to replace router because it costs the company £400. Kept telling me my wifi was only as strong as my weakest link. (what??)  In the end they posted me a router and that solved all my issues)) 

Back to the TV service, he told me there was nothing wrong with the TV box after flicking channels for a few mins and said if problems showed up to ring him on his mobile and he'd come back out over the next few weeks.  (He raised topic of Router and when I said new router fixed issues he said I messed with settings last time - insulting as I'm quite savvy and my daughter is a computer science honours student at Uni - besides that other than changing the password we didn't change anything and still haven't)  I said I wouldn't be ringing him personally for issues and he left the property in what seemed like a huff - didn't say he was finished, we assumed he'd returned to his van for something.

I called VM to see if they could sort it and they said they'd send him back out,  I refused to have him back at my property so all I could do in my mind was excercise my right to cancel the TV (£80 fee)...  Lady on phone said engineer was perfectly legit to refuse to replace box when he couldn't find any faults.  I said he was denying I was experiencing a fault. I was told I hadn't given them the correct opportunities and I wouldn't be entitled to any refunds of money or to get out of cancellation fee.  I'll be saving £28 per month off my bill... so 12 months x £28 = £336 / I'm actually ok with an £80 exit fee.  I'd be happier with functioning a TV service though.

I really wish I hadn't upgraded to 360 as the old TiVo remote and software ran perfectly and never gave me any hiccups.

TV service is cancelled in 30 days (mid next month) and I have the unnerving feeling that when Broadband has issues again I'll end up having that removed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded 360, had issues, cancelled TV.

Just by means of a brief reply, and apologies if I've missed some detail in your post...

This section of the forum is mainly for TV issues and there's a separate board for broadband problems, but..  VM supply you with a broadband connection and a free, basic router. At least that side has now been sorted, by the sounds.

I'm struggling to work out what your TV issues are, apart from unhappiness with the 360 software, and a rebooting box. There's not much anyone can really say about the 360 migration, except that software swaps are currently voluntary (which I know is probably cold comfort now), and are one way trips that can't be reverted.

A box that's restarting itself more than occasionally, is almost certainly faulty - is that still ongoing now, or has that been sorted?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded 360, had issues, cancelled TV.

I explained the router issue to show the unwillingness of the engineer to help.

Yes we still losing audio and it's knocking itself to standby. Audio a few times a day and standby intermittantly.

We followed all instructions, swapped HDMIs out and moved it sockets etc

edit: I actually like the 360 software and features.  It's just buggy and I can't get help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update

Update for this thread.

2nd line tech support I think they said they were called asking if we still had issues.  I said yes.

Then asked had engineer been out and I said yes Engineer looked through some channels and couldn't find a fault.

He said he's closing the ticket.

I said I'm still having same issues but he repeated best thing to do is close the ticket as I'd had an engineer visit.

If I wasn't so disappointed I'd actually find it funny.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Complaints and going round in circles.

I have been a customer of VM's for years and bill is always in and around £100. 

Changed package a few times (never removed a service) and kept BB at fastest.

I had an engineer give me hassle at my house over a fault with BB and hub 4 quite some time ago.  Told me he couldn't afford to replace the router as it costs the company £400.  I subsequently got router replaced via one posted out - I'd have been happy with the original if he found a fault instead of telling me I was doing illegal things on fire sticks and that caused it.  (I wasn't and am not - invited him to examine devices)  I was running router/my devices on stock software and settings.

Same engineer appeared recently when I had TV issues (360) he says box isn't faulty by flicking a few channels in a few minutes and I've gone round in circles trying to complain and get things sorted.  He argued again on this visit I was still wrong about router from months before as I declined again to call him personally for any issues.

I have asked for TV to be cancelled and removed but it's not what I really want.

I just feel my complaint isn't being taken seriously.

I've started looking at BT's 900mb service for BB and may make the switch to them for everything.

I would like a working TV service, BB and phone.  Not to spend time totalling hours chasing tech support and what not because they keep saying they'll send same engineer to my house.  My last ticket was closed because the guy on phone said Engineer reported no fault found.

Am I being unreasonable or what can I do?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin are working on it.

"As the Virgin TV 360 box is still fairly new, we don't have much information on its real-world performance (or complaints about it)."

They close faults and complaints without actually dealing with the faults or complaints.

I got no fault found for it knocking off and losing audio due to an 'engineer' doing his bit for the company that would get me sacked from my job.

I got an email saying my complaint was resolved by apology to customer, I'm very confused as to when I got said apology.

0 Kudos