cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade web page broken

demmers
Tuning in

Today I received an email from VM offering me a free upgrade for 360.

The link took me to a page where all I have to do is confirm my details and click Upgrade.

However. My first name is missing. The field is un-editable. I checked "I am the account holder" anyway. The "Upgrade now" button is greyed out.

I've come across some broken VM sites before, but this one takes top prize for most broken webpage I have ever come across, ever, given how basic we're talking here. Note that I have also tried on my phone (so different browser) using cellular, off the wifi. Same thing.

On top of that, the email says the offer ends 7 days after receipt of receiving email.

I'm going to message VM on Twitter also, to see what can be done.

Anyone else experienced this, or knows how I can get around this?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@demmers wrote:

Today I received an email from VM offering me a free upgrade for 360.

I wouldn't normally post in so "blatant" terms, but if you're trying to convert to 360 on the basis of an email offering a "free upgrade", please make sure that - for you - it is an upgrade.

Fundamentally TV360 is different to TiVo/V6 and there are pros & cons of both. As much as TV360 has some new features (voice control), it also does lack some extra recording functionality that TiVo/V6 has. So go into this conversion process understanding what you're signing up for, because there's no reversion if you subsequently find that some features you used on TiVo/V6 are missing from TV360.

This thread is often quoted, and may be a little out-of-date with recent TV360 software updates - but please check first. You could ask 10 people on this forum to choose between V6 & 360, and you'd get 10 different opinions. But fundamentally, they are different - and you can't change your mind.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi demmers, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the upgrade issue - not the ideal service we aim to offer.

I am going to PM you now to help. 

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill