Menu
noodlespot
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to TV 360 box, unfair charge of installation???

Hi, I am on the oomph bundle and have called up and asked my boxes to upgrade to new 360 boxes, and date been given for 22/Dec but been told there will be a one-off charge of £65 which was supposed to be a free upgrade?

not happy at all about this and ask virgin forum staff to please look into this and wave this charge off as don't think this to be fair

please help resolve my matter.

thank you

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to TV 360 box, unfair charge of installation???

£30 of that is manned install I think.

Did they offer you self install? 
If so it’s only the activation change that you would need to pay, which is £35. 

0 Kudos
noodlespot
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

thanks for reply, I did say I can self install but she told me this needs install by engineer can't exactly remember her words but technical install or something so needs an engineer to do it.

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you are on the oomph bundle have you not already got the Tivo V6 boxes ? Or can you be on oomph with the OLD Tivo.

If you have then you only need the remotes sending and the software download, surely they are not going to charge £35 for someone to send an activation code to the boxes.

From previous post's they say everyone will be upgraded to TV360, who will want to be forced to pay to be upgraded from a system that Virgin are dropping ?

I am sure someone who works for Virgin can give you a more factful answer.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The V6 to 360 software conversions is an invite only pilot at the moment.

If you order 360, then currently it's a self install or engineer install with new hardware to replace your V6 or TiVo boxes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@roy247 wrote:

If you are on the oomph bundle have you not already got the Tivo V6 boxes ? Or can you be on oomph with the OLD Tivo.

If you have then you only need the remotes sending and the software download, surely they are not going to charge £35 for someone to send an activation code to the boxes.

From previous post's they say everyone will be upgraded to TV360, who will want to be forced to pay to be upgraded from a system that Virgin are dropping ?

I am sure someone who works for Virgin can give you a more factful answer.

The recent launch of the facility for existing Ultimate Oomph customers to change to TV360 requires new boxes. It isn't the same as the software change to existing V6 boxes, which is still at pilot stage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
noodlespot
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

thanks all,  is it even worth changing to this new box as looks same to me and identical, is it really worth it or just better to stick to V6 boxes??

and also is this true that these new 360 boxes have NO Hard disk drives?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi noodlespot,

The mini box doesn't have a hard drive.

Reading through the various threads if you regrade now then you will receive a new V6 (TV360 box) and a mini box.

However if you wait until next year then VM will be sending software updates to current V6 boxes so you could keep your current boxes and recording capacity. (possibly providing any issues found with the tests they are doing on the current V6 boxes are resolved)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
noodlespot
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@ newapollo

so if wait next year, will both my V6 boxes be updated and will one work as a mini, how does that work?

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you wait till the current trial is finished and they have ironed out the bugs you should then be able to get both of your V6 boxes updated to TV360 software. I am in the trial testing it at the moment and both my boxes are running TV360 Horizon software. So you would get to keep your 2TB worth of storage instead of loosing 1TB

0 Kudos