Menu
Ajclarke1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to 360

I am trying to upgrade my current V6 box to 360.

The upgrade option does not show on the home page and I have the error “You have recently had an issue on your account. If you are still experiencing reduced functionality, call us on UNKNOWN.”

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now, with several resets done and chats/calls to customer service but still not sorted.

Can anyone shed any light?

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to 360

Have you received a new remote control and text to activate your 360 upgrade, only asking as you didn't say. If you haven't received the remote control or any info saying your upgrade is on it's way, then it looks like your upgrade has not been processed and that is why the upgrade does not appear in your apps. If it does appear in your apps I wouldn't do it until you have received a new remote and activation text. If you have got the remote and text, but no upgrade app then the only thing to do is phone virgin and select the "I am thinking of leaving option" and hopefully they will put you through to someone who can help.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Only ultimate oomph customer are offered the upgrade to the v360 what package are you on, this would be a replacement box and remote ?

There was a pilot that would allow some customers to update the software on their current v6 boxes to v360 but from what I understand that pilot is now closed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ajclarke1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think we must be on the pilot you mention.

We have been sent the 360 remote and have gotten a text to say our existing v6 box is ready to upgrade but I haven’t been able to get to the link from the homepage since.

We just get the error I mentioned on the homepage, this is also stopping the on demand, catch-up and recording functions to stop working. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I believe the link is or should be in the apps, if it isn't there you will need to speak to someone at virgin in the 360 team, phoning and selecting the "I am thinking of leaving option" should get you put through to someone who can help.

0 Kudos
Ajclarke1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The apps section is completely blank.

I have a feeling that I’m stuck in limbo between the two services.

Time to admit defeat and phone up again. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos