Menu
mrsharvey20
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to 360 failed

Been on and off phone all afternoon as my upgrade to 360 has failed and now I have no subscribed channels and have a permanent error code of 7400 jumping around the screen. Please can someone help me 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to 360 failed

Error 7400 is a TiVo-platform activation error, which is usually best resolved by calling into VM with your equipment details.

You say you've called into VM this afternoon - what did they offer by means of advice or resolution?

Unfortunately, even if I was to escalate this thread - the forum staff are not likely to pick this up until tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mrsharvey20
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

So 7400 finally resolved so have channels back but still have v210 error which means I have no functionality, only able to watch live channels, no pause, no record, catch up or on demand.

Got call cut off for the 4th time!! 

Does anyone care for Customers in VM? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

All the errors you're quoting are TiVo-software codes, so somewhere between your box & VM's central systems - something somewhere is still setup as TiVo not 360.

Is your box running (or seeming to run) as a V6 or a 360? The TiVo-logo next to the video preview screen in the top-right will be the clue.

In any case, persisting with VM support should be the quickest way to resolve this. Otherwise the forum staff team should pick this up in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
mrsharvey20
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Still stuck as V6 but with no functionality and  no option to upgrade

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mrsharvey20 

Have you tried rebooting the hub and V6?

You should also try following the instructions for https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/V210 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@mrsharvey20 wrote:

Thanks. Still stuck as V6 but with no functionality and  no option to upgrade

That sounds horribly like your account is now 360, but the box is running TiVo/V6 software.

If a reboot of the "V6" doesn't resolve this, you're likely to need VM intervention to force the software download.

0 Kudos
mrsharvey20
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks have had 5 hours on and off with so many different people today and still no further on.  Just lots of time on hold! And abandoned calls. Will try again tomorrow - may wait until Monday as that is when upgrade was due to happen, however remotes turned up early today.

0 Kudos
mrsharvey20
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Update - call Sunday evening and spoke to helpful lady who raised a ticket with IT second line support and told me they would look at it in a couple of days. Hoping all resolved soon

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, mrsharvey20,

Sorry that your 360 upgrade hasn't gone as planned. Have you been able to get this sorted since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos