Menu
NewExcelsior
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to 360 do you have to re-contract for 18 months

As the subject says, do those being offered a free upgrade to 360 have to re-contract to a new 18 months deal?

Given I have 4 months remaining on my contract I would consider upgrading but not if it ties you into a new contract, thanks.

Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to 360 do you have to re-contract for 18 months

No, you won't need to recontract

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Really? When I took the earlier offer, just before my existing contract ended, it generated a new 12 month contract for me, which was set up at the wrong price, and became a new 18 month contract when the price was corrected.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

...but you are not part of this current offering to upgrade.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was just trying to clarify because it surprised me. I think it's great that the switch is being offered without starting a new contract period.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If Virgin reach out to you and offer it, then you're not going to be recontracted. If you optionally upgrade then there's a chance.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
ardasaydam
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I received an email, giving me the option to upgrade with below text in the Legal stuff at the email footer. "Available at no extra cost to selected existing customers. Subject to availability, until 10/12/2020. Option to upgrade will become available again in 2021. Upgrading will not change your current subscription terms and conditions."

Now I see a change in my contract period saying "Remaining minimum period: 12 Months". Customer service representative said my contract is still ending on February 26, 2021. Yet I am so confused now. 

I definitely don't want an extension to my contract period.

0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@ardasaydam wrote:

I received an email, giving me the option to upgrade with below text in the Legal stuff at the email footer. "Available at no extra cost to selected existing customers. Subject to availability, until 10/12/2020. Option to upgrade will become available again in 2021. Upgrading will not change your current subscription terms and conditions."

Apart from a change in the dates, that is the same text from the earlier offer, which I took up. When I did, I got a 'Thanks for making those changes' email, with a 'Service change receipt' attached, detailing my package. The receipt also stated 'Remaining minimum period 12 months'. I would expect anyone taking this offer to have a new contract generated. Ideally someone from Virgin will be able to confirm whether this is the case or not.

0 Kudos
ardasaydam
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I called the helpline once again this morning, talked to accounts help team member who then transferred me to retentions team. Both confirmed once again that my initial contract term is still valid and I should not worry about the confusing '12 months remaining period' text. I am still not 100% satisfied but I guess there is nothing else I can do now to find out the real situation until my contract end date. The notes that they have put on my customer profile will hopefully help in case of a later problem. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I suspect what you are being told is true. Time will tell.

In fact, wouldn’t having an extra period at the same price be a good thing? No discounts dropping off or need to re-negotiate?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos