cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Not Available

PM1978
Joining in

We’ve just been upgraded to Virgin 360, we’ve installed the new hub, but the Upgrade hasn’t appeared on the V6 box and the Mini 360 box isn’t working.I’ve called Customer Services and they’ve booked an engineer, surely this upgrade can be applied remotely?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your main box still working as a V6?

The TV360-mini would normally be activated at the same time as the V6 is converted into a TV360-master.

If a tech has been booked, that's a start.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PM1978 

The 360  mini box won't be able to start until the V6 has completed the switch to the 360 (horizon) system.

Did you receive two 360 remotes? You should have one for the V6 and another for the mini box?

Around 5 days after the 360 remote(s) arrive the V6 box should download the 'Upgrade To Virgin TV 360 Now' app and the V6 box should upgrade it . Or you can trigger the software update sooner if you have the 360 remotes by clicking on the Upgrade app which appears in the Apps & Games folder.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @japitts

Yes, the main box is still working as a V6, so that could make sense why the Mini Box isn’t working. At first all our subscription channels weren’t available, but they came back during the day yesterday, I still cannot access any other of my options such as catch up, on demand, apps, etc.

The instructions they sent with the equipment make it sound like the upgrade should be available straight away.

I just thought it was a waste of time sending an engineer out at the time, but it may be worthwhile now.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PM1978 wrote:

Hi @japitts

I still cannot access any other of my options such as catch up, on demand, apps, etc.

The options such as catch up, on demand, apps, etc require a working internet connection.

Is your set top box still connected to the internet?  If not that may be the reason why the update app hasn't appeared.

To see your network settings go to

Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - 

From here, you can change or update your WiFi settings. If you are connected via Ethernet cable
(recommended) you may not see this option.

View network status: View details about your network connection.

View Network Diagnostics :Test your connection and run texts related to your network.

Connect to the Virgin Media service now

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali