cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to 360 box

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Are virgin doing anything about the options that we had with TiVo boxes but are not available on 360 box? Such as 

1. being able to recover deleted items

2. only recording new programmes; at the moment it record the same programmes every time it’s shown, so you end up with 2 or 3 episodes TIVO box gave you more options

3. Not being able to cancel a particular episode from planner without 360 deleting the whole series.

4. Cannot see series links; so you know if a series will be picked up the following season.

I’m sure there are many others but these are annoying for me. When I first mentioned to virgin, I was told these things would be addressed in updates ‘shortly’…. Nothing happened in year I’ve had the box and have recently had a new box but same software 🤷‍♀️😡

Don’t currently see any advantages to 360 box over the TiVo; not sure Virgin will let us go back though🥴

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will not get all the facilities you had with TiVO, as some of them are patented & exclusive to TiVO. The new Horizon (TV360) platform, which is server based, is owned by VMs parent company, who operate it on their other European cable services. Outside the UK & Ireland, recordings are stored in the cloud & not on customers hard drives, so this will also have some effect on what functionality is available.

If you voluntarily migrated it is unlikely you will be allowed to go back. VMs parent company want to drop TiVO in the not too distant future.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

You need to select the Advanced options when setting a series link.

As an example the options would be something like This Episode only, From this episode onwards, All from series X only, All from series X and onwards, New episodes only and All available episodes.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Maxwellplum 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been having 😔 

Unfortunately, deleted items can't be recovered. 

In terms of your second point, you may find this thread useful here. As for your third point, what options are you being presented with when trying to cancel an episode?

Has following the advice provided by @roy247 helped with your fourth point?

Please pop back to us once you've had another look at everything and we'll do our very best to assist.

Regards,

Daniel

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maxwellplum wrote:

Don’t currently see any advantages to 360 box over the TiVo; not sure Virgin will let us go back though🥴

There are pros & cons. Many users think that TV360 currently has too many shortcomings over the V6 and so are I choosing to not migrate at this time.

Other users on here don't use some of the extra recording facilities, and appreciate the voice control and newer streaming apps.

As already mentioned by @nodrogd - conversions from TiVo/V6 are voluntary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks