Menu
thrice
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update to 4.31 has broken the guide

My 360 box (formerly V6) has now been updated to software version 4.31. It seems to have broken the on-screen guide. Before I could navigate the guide by pressing a channel number but now any number pressed takes me to the last channel in my profile. Same for voice command. Previously I could say 'top' and be taken there. Now it goes to the end. Same for a channel name or number. The only way now to navigate the guide is by pressing the up and down buttons which is tedious.

Must be a bug. Anyone else encountered this?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update to 4.31 has broken the guide

I haven't received the update yet, but have you tried rebooting the box?

You could also try a factory reset..

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

With the 360 you won't lose your recordings as it's not a complete factory reset, however you will need to sign into apps such as iPlayer and ITV Hub again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
thrice
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It must be a bug, Dave. I rebooted the 360 box but the fault is still there. I have narrowed it down a little as the bug is only on my profile. If I switch to the shared profile everything is normal. I only have the two profiles. I am reluctant to do a complete factory reset as I will need to go through all the faff of sorting out my passwords etc for the apps I normally use.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try editing your profile, if that fails try deleting your profile and then set a new profile.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
thrice
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nope, still broken. I did as you suggested and created a new profile. This had the same problem - impossible to navigate the guide with all button presses and voice commands reverting to the last item on the profile list. I deleted and remade my own profile with the same result. The only profile with a fully functioning guide currently is the shared profile. This has only been the case since the update to software version 4.31. I can't imagine I'm the only one this is happening to. As the update is rolled out I expect more people will encounter this bug.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On a different note, does version 4.31 bring anything new? (Apart from your bug 😒).

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just posted this TV-360/Software-update-4-31 

Dave

0 Kudos