Menu
alestescarrow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unable to upgrade to Virgin 360 (apparent technical issue)

Hi,

I have a V6 box and about a month ago rang 150 to request upgrade to 360 software and new remote (I really dislike the Tivo interface). Apparently, after remote not arriving, I found out it was not processed and another operator tried again when I called back. 

However yet again, delivery didn't happen so I called 150 again, and was told there is a technical issue with my 'setup' and they are unable to update the software. Oddly, after being told the request was cancelled, a V6 remote (not 360!) was delivered. They suggested I'd need an 'engineer appointment' (not sure why tbh) and these were unavailable due to covid. 

Very confused! There are no issues with my set up and the V6 box is a year old. Ethernet and coax connected as always, no issues with connection. Any advice helpful when dealing with customer care?

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to upgrade to Virgin 360 (apparent technical issue)

Do you have a single V6 or multiple boxes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
alestescarrow
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just the one 😊

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's the obvious reason for problems migrating V6. That multiple agents have told you the same, means either they're all picking up on something wrong (unlikely but not impossible) or there's something else cryptic going on.

The bit about engineer appointments not being available is true, at present only fault-fix visits are being arranged. So if - for whatever strange reason - yours does need a manned migration, then you are in for a little wait.

Let's wait and see what the staff team come up with. I'll also ask in the meantime, this one has me especially curious.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I did see some customers being told the remotes were in short supply, it maybe worth another call to reminnd them. Just make sure you have your mug of tea or coffee before you phone.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @alestescarrow,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry about the issues you are having with us at the moment regarding your remote replacement.

I was able to locate your account using your forums details, I checked and there is a note mentioning an engineer, would you be okay for me to book this? It seems there is a fault that needs investigating.

Please let me know.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

alestescarrow
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Hayley_S!

Thanks for your reply.

Anything you can do to have a look into it would be appreciated.

Obviously I'm a bit confused why an engineer appointment would be required for something such as this - from what other members have suggested, the software is updated and a new remote is posted. As I said, the V6 box is connected and working as usual, and I can't fathom a reason why an engineer appointment would be needed!

If there's anything I can do personally, please let me know. I understand issues regarding engineer visits in the current situation, therefore I accept I would have to wait some time for this to happen.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alestescarrow,

Thanks for coming back to us about your 360 migration issue, I have an update for you which I need to chat with you about in a PM as it's about account specific details.

I'll send you a PM now so we can get started.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
alestescarrow
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I finally got some sort of answer what happened here.

Essentially, there was an inability to 'upgrade' due to the fact I have a discount on my account. Despite me offering to pay the one-off cost, it was impossible to deploy the software update without it being considered a change to my package, so therefore in the end I turned it down.

I found it a bit conspicuous when they sent out a duplicate V6 remote. Then when an engineer was sent, of course there was nothing for him to do - I just believe that was a case of confusion between the V6>360 upgrade and a total replacement with new 360 hardware.

Since I'm new in contract, the offers weren't palatable and it made sense to reject the offer until end of contract, when I guess it may become standard. 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details @alestescarrow

I'm really sorry for the inability to upgrade due to the discount on your account and for any confusion caused.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos