forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Treble1
Superfast
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unable to upgrade to 360

I filled in the online form to upgrade to 360 boxes ,have umpteen order numbers but nothing ever arrives ,rang your absolutely useless  foreign call centre who’s says something about back end office and can upgrade later in 2021 ,even though I have order numbers ,I have filled in a complaint form ,next step is chief execs office usually they do get in touch ,honestly vm you will never change bring back telewest all is forgiven !!!

0 Kudos
Jay_42
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to upgrade to 360

Exactly what’s happening to me at the mo word for word! As I’m on the ultimate ooomph package it’s a £10 per month extra for me? also I’m trying to get the new WiFi pods as I suffer from drop outs upstairs.and I’m going through exactly the same as the 360boxes..I log in go to the relevant link and it says I can have them..pick a date to be delivered..gives ,me an order number and nothing happens..called vm numerous times and get the same old crap..”we cant see any orders our need” I have email confirmations etc. I’m on a bloody merry go round.. I just want it sorting..Rant over...Jay

0 Kudos
IoanaNeacsu
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I've placed an online order on Friday the 8th of January, with the delivery date set to Tuesday the 12th. Of course nothing came. On Wednesday I called 150 from my mobile, got through to an off shore customer service, they put me through to the UK customer service, they couldn't see any online order. So, I've placed it by phone and arrived on Friday the 15th. We've upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph on the 7th, as our contract was running bout in February, with the possibility to replace the v6 boxes with the TV360. Unfortunately we've been charged £35 activation fee but we've chosen the self Quickstart installation so we shouldn't pay anything. I've raised a complaint yesterday to waive it, I'm waiting to see the outcome of this.

0 Kudos
oswaldp
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It is laughable - they should just take the form down if they’re not ready to upgrade existing customers yet.

Same here, I have had multiple order numbers. Some ask for me to call sales after a day or two because of an issue. I spent over 2 hours on the phone one day when I had nothing else to do and was passed to 3 different departments before being told they can put the order on but will charge me £35 when it’s £0 on the website. I’m on ultimate oomph with 1Gig BB.

Even funnier last attempt to order 360, receive confirmation I’ve ordered TV 360, then a day later get order confirmation that I will get my delivery of WiFi pods as scheduled! I never ordered, need or want WiFi pods!! It’s becoming a joke!

Need to get through to them again as these pods which I don’t want have renewed my contract for 18 months and I think I want to leave VM now, sadly their performance throughout this pandemic has been shoddy! 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So out of the blue 2 Mins ago I get an email to expect delivery next Tuesday virgin media works in very mysterious ways lol

0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I’m just wondering what I will receive I only have a v6 box as I told the engineer when he did the install ultimate oomph that I only required 1 box

I’m hoping that I’m not sent a extra box, I’m presuming I will just get a remote and then upgrade my existing v6 box to the 360 software ,don’t get me wrong I don’t mind getting the new Style box as folk are saying its sharper and faster than the v6 box 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Its not, its almost identical
0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok it’s just I read I few user comments who thought it was a sharper picture on the new box placebo ? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I think so. When I worked for VM I could do a job totally unrelated to the TV but was regularly told that the picture looked sharper at the end of my visit. 

Treble1
Superfast
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok just received a Thanks for making those changes email, it states I’m getting a 360 box, no price changes no installation charges ,no setup charges so still £77.99 ultimate oomph package nothing more for me to moan about lol