cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play Catchup content

g0akc
Problem sorter

Our TV360 box has stopped playing catchup content.  Neither from the EPG nor from a search/list of episodes.

If we choose an episode, and select 'watch' then press 'OK' on the remote nothing happens.  Previously doing that would start the programme.

Likewise if we choose a programme, including BBC or ITV, that is shown in the EPG from the day before or whatever and click 'OK' on the remote to play it - nothing happens (it did try and do something just now, after 5 tries, and went to the relevant app, but just froze without playing the content).

We've had to use the apps on our TV instead.

There's an internet connection to the TV360 box.

Any suggestions other than turning it off and on again?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @g0akc 

I've passed this issue on as it appears to be more than that noted in the Service Status 

I'm having the same problems as yourself.  I have the same Service Status as @roy247 

Regarding changing channels via the EPG,  mine eventually changes channels  providing I choose a program that's currently playing - but it can take 5 minutes to change channels.

There are no problems switching channels if you type in a channel number whilst watching a program

Using the voice control and saying the channel number or channel name works instantly if you are watching a program, but doesn't work within the EPG

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Baldybob
Tuning in

Hi All,

I powered on my 360 box this morning and have no recording, catchup. I did a diagnostic which came back OK. I then retried and got error code CS3520 which I cannot find anywhere. I did a reset (kept recordings) and this came back with CS1010 (it completed a system update during reset). I then did 2 full power cycles with no joy. This is my 2nd box (only 3 months old). Any ideas?

Cheers

Recordings are not showing up on my boxes or on my mothers in a different area.

It looks as if it is a VM network issue.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

ozsat
Superstar

Recordings are not showing up on my boxes or on my mothers in a different area.

It looks as if it is a VM network issue.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

roy247
Community elder

Hi g0akc,

This is my Status message.

We hope to fix this by 3 July at 13:10

Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.

Some apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube may be unavailable at the moment. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Both of my boxes have the exact same issues (teeside area).  I rebooted the box via the mains and then I was stuck on a couldn't retrieve settings error for some time, then suddenly it sprung back to life but I still can't access any recordings or on-demand

Baldybob_0-1688373380466.png

Looks like you could be right.

g0akc
Problem sorter

Thanks both

I tried rebooting the box and now no Catchup content is shown.  I still can't play content from the EPG. I get error codes CS3520 and CS8404.

If I go to an app such as iPlayer I can play content and the 'OK' button works.

Right now I cannot even exit the 'INFO' screen to just watch live TV - it's just stuck!  It shows Live TV Sky News, BBC iPlayer and the time - and a blank purple screen

TV2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

If I try going to My Virgin website to see status it is just spinning - there's no information on the screen at all - screenshot below:

VMSpin1.JPG

So is their whole network down or what?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @g0akc 

I've passed this issue on as it appears to be more than that noted in the Service Status 

I'm having the same problems as yourself.  I have the same Service Status as @roy247 

Regarding changing channels via the EPG,  mine eventually changes channels  providing I choose a program that's currently playing - but it can take 5 minutes to change channels.

There are no problems switching channels if you type in a channel number whilst watching a program

Using the voice control and saying the channel number or channel name works instantly if you are watching a program, but doesn't work within the EPG

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali