Menu
Danjjr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get customer service help for new TV setup

Hi, 

I recently upgraded and got sent a new virgin tv box for self install as was assured its simple to plug and play.

However now its actually arrived it didn't work (no signal) and when I followed the coax which was in place in this room outside it doesn't look like it's connected properly in the omni box.

Problem being, when I call customer service and try to get through to someone I can't, and I always get sent a text message sending me to the wiki pages which is pretty useless.

Can anyone help me from Virgin? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to get customer service help for new TV setup

@Danjjr 

I've moved your post to one of the TV boards, and presumed you have a 360 as all new TV customers get one - but can you confirm please? Check this page if you're not sure. Hand in hand with this, when you say "upgraded", do you mean you added TV to what was previously a broadband and/or phone account?

All VM's TV boxes need a working co-ax connection, and assuming all your connections are finger-tight secure on the box, "no signal" can mean one of two things. Firstly make sure the HDMI lead from the box to your TV is connected to a working HDMI port and the correct input is selected, as "no signal" could be your TV reporting no input on the chosen HDMI port.

If your VM TV box has a problem with the coax connection, then "no signal" would be accompanied by an error code or message - is it? In other words, we need to ascertain whether "no signal" is your TV complaining or the VM box - it's often the TV.

It may well be that the co-ax connection point in your home isn't working or connected somewhere, in which case you will need a manned install. Perhaps you could post a picture of the omnibox with the broken connection that you see, and/or the error message on your TV?

That may help us narrow down.

As regards the IVR, once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault", the trick is to not press anything else and just wait on the line - you won't get offered text messages that way 😉 BUT.... to save you the grief of the phone lines, clarify the points I've asked here and we'll have a good idea where to go. VM staff should respond on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Danjjr
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get customer service help for new TV setup

Thanks for the wealth of information! I actually managed to get through to someone from your tip, we went though some bits and now have an engineer coming out.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos