Menu
Sussexradio
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ultra hd on demand

Ultra tv on demand movies/ box sets is it worth paying the extra £6 a month as I have seen some comments that it is not working it

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultra hd on demand

Mine has issues.  The films are fine just the box sets have issues.   Hopefully it's a glitch that will be fixed soon as it only started arfter the box updated.  

I'd probably wait as  virgin are getting the sky uhd TV channels soon and will be doing a offer on both sets.  been told this via a call.  Would be a good carrot to renew contracts.   But also if you have 14 days to cancel the updgards it may be with taking it just to see. Like a trial

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Swf wrote:

Mine has issues.  The films are fine just the box sets have issues.   Hopefully it's a glitch that will be fixed soon as it only started arfter the box updated.  

I'd probably wait as  virgin are getting the sky uhd TV channels soon and will be doing a offer on both sets.  been told this via a call.  Would be a good carrot to renew contracts.   But also if you have 14 days to cancel the updgards it may be with taking it just to see. Like a trial

Sky don't have any UHD channels.

When UHD is available, mainly on Sports, the Sky Q box prompts the viewer and gives them instructions in how to access the UHD content, or via the Sky Q menu and then Sports. The same goes for individual premium live box office sports events such as boxing.

Some on-demand UHD films  and Box Sets are also available on the Sky Q box in the Ultra UHD section, or via recommendations from the Home screen.

VM are still waiting for Sky Sports in UHD. I was speaking to the Oomph team yesterday when I renewed my package and the agent advised they still have no news on the cost or when UHD Sky Sports will become available.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah sales people are not aways honest when selling stuff.   

Did you get the £79 oomph deal with free upgrade and the uhd stuff Added in?

Just to add the staff have aways called the sky uhd stuff as channels when iv been in contact even on here  .  I'd think most staff who work for v don't know to much about V.    

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sussexradio,

Providing you have a V6 or 360, and subscribe to Sky Movies, you can add the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick without upgrading and give 30 days’ notice to remove that pick without affecting your current contract if you aren't happy with it.

You do need a 4K compatible TV that supports HDCP 2.2. to watch the Sky UHD content.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The sky uhd channels are 18quid I was told  . But not sure any of that makes sense or is true.  Maybe there iptv channels?  Via v 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sky normally charge £11 for UHD so I can't see VM charging more than that, unless that's the reason the Sky Sports UHD content has been delayed.
Dave

thrice
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

For me, the Sky UHD worked well with no glitches. I tried it for a while before cancelling as I was disappointed with the picture quality which I found barely better than HD on my setup which up-scales brilliantly.

Swf
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

there is a glitch where you select uhd but HD version plays     so it could have been HD files that you was seeing.      Think it happened on 4.31 version or has for a few of us.    Still not fixed 

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi NA 

Did you get a good deal on your renewal ? 

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos