Menu
Cristiana90
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph package

I have purchased the Ultimate Oomph package over the phone on 25.02.2021 and the lady told me that this bundle also includes an LG tv that will arrive at my address in 80 or 90 days once the installation is done. I followed up with a phone call to customer service a while after and been told to wait because the 80/90 days haven't passed. Then I rang again yesterday to be told that there was no such offer at all and no Tv was included in the package offer. Could I please have some answers? This is a false advertising campaign and I believe it's ridiculous especially for the money I pay monthly.  The tv was the reason I purchased such an expensive package in the first place. I am waiting for your reply. Thank you

Tags (1)
Cristiana90
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultimate Oomph package

Thank you! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Cristiana90,

Sorry to see you are having problems receiving the free LG TV that was on offer when you first joined Virgin.

The offer has been available a few times on the VM website, I'm not sure if it applied if ordered over the phone, but you should have received correspondence (email/letter) confirming the offer. I recall seeing a post a few weeks ago where a member of VM staff advised there was a delay due to a shortage of stock.

There's a Help page, virgin-media-free-gifts   detailing the time scales and who to contact for a follow up, details copy pasted below.

After your Virgin Media services have been installed or activated, our trusted third party Exertis will despatch your hardware gift within 28 days. They’ll make sure your hardware gift is delivered up to 14 days from this date using the courier UK Mail.

Remember it can take a further 14 days for your gift to be delivered by the courier UK Mail, and they may have attempted delivery while you’ve been out. If you’re not home when they call, they’ll drop a card through your letterbox letting you know how many times they’ve tried to deliver your gift, and how to rearrange delivery.

If you’ve waited for a further 14 days and you’re still waiting for your gift text us for free on 0753 305 1809 ^ and one of our team will be happy to help during our opening times 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday."

You could also dial 150 which free from a VM phone, or a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Cristiana90
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much! 

0 Kudos
noelgls
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To the original poster, I have found this

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/reward-faqs-lg-smart-tv

This says the end date of the LG TV offer was before you signed up though unfortunately, but from my own personal Virgin Media customer service experience and from what I have read from other people I completely believe what you are saying though. (eg being told an offer was available when it actually was not officially) 

There may of course been another LG TV offer that started straight after the other one finished as I have only had a very quick look to see what I could find.

Hope that helps

Noel 

Cristiana90
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They should make sure their staff is aware of any offer changes before they tell customers they qualify for free gifts. It is shocking really. I am definitely not inventing things and I actually double checked with the lady on the phone when signing up just to be sure that the TV is indeed included in the offer and she confirmed twice. It a shame I don't remember her name. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Cristiana90 wrote:

They should make sure their staff is aware of any offer changes before they tell customers they qualify for free gifts. It is shocking really. I am definitely not inventing things and I actually double checked with the lady on the phone when signing up just to be sure that the TV is indeed included in the offer and she confirmed twice. It a shame I don't remember her name. 

Although I’ve never taken an offer with VM that include a free gift, they certainly are available. I find some of the responses you’ve received quite rude if I’m honest. 

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Having reviewed the conversation there's been a few posts that weren't necessary, these have all been removed. Please if you do see any posts breaking the rules be aware of the forum guidelines and flag these to a moderator, do not reply to posts that you feel go against the forum guidelines.

We welcome any further posts here that are aimed at helping with the original issue, but any further off topic posts will be removed and the thread may be locked if these continue.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules