Menu
Dereklad
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ui upgrade for v6

Ive just got the 1 v6 box.and not planning on getting multiroom.

will the existing v6 box get that fancy ui that the new box has got.just asking incase i have to watch all my recordings.

just asking thanks people.

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..v6 box
Ps5& .
+size 9 feet..iphone 11 plus..
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ui upgrade for v6

The existing Arris manufactured boxes can be upgraded to Horizon & its been rumoured that the upgrade will be offered to all customers in the new year (It is only being trialled at present). At the moment if you upgrade you will be sent the new Humax box which can only use Horizon. In either case you will lose all your recordings as the Arris upgrade involves a disk reformat.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dereklad
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks matey.

my question would be if the new v6 box can handle this upgrade.

why are they sending out the new box.is it better in anyway.

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..v6 box
Ps5& .
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is no new V6.

The Humax box is Horizon only. It’s a TV 360 and can’t be a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The current trails that have been offered this week are not a replacement box they are a software upgrade to the current v6 boxes all that will come by courier will be the new remotes, once the quickstart date comes there will be an update pushed to the v6 which will wipe everything off the v6 to allow the update to be downloaded and applied.

Regards Mike

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

There is no new V6.

The Humax box is Horizon only. It’s a TV 360 and can’t be a V6.

Humax...Horizon...TV 360...V6....you can see why people get confused!

Derek

Right now anyone joining us gets a V6.  From next month, anyone joining will get Virgin TV 360.  

From next year, anyone with a V6 that wants to upgrade to 360 can do so with an easy over-the-air upgrade and a new remote.  

Forget all the other names, they aren't relevant. 

Dereklad
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for the reply people ill just wait till my v6 is upgraded next year.

but i watched a chap on youtube who reviewed the new 360 box and hes saying that the  tv picture on the new 360 box is better than the older  v6 box hes just had replaced.

so im asking is the 360 box better technologically better than the v6,if you know what i mean.

Ps5& .
0 Kudos