cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Open pop up channels

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

16 additional Sky Sports pop up channels have been added for the US Open - channels 561 to 576.

Sky Sports Arena (channel 508) has been renamed Sky Sports Tennis

Sky Sports UHD channel  535 is showing the Sky Sports Arena feed in UHD.

Sky Sports UHD channel  532 is mainly following the Sky Sports Main Event schedule which includes football and tennis.

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/ has a listing of all of todays matches and start times.  Only one competitor from Great Britain is playing today, Lily Miyazaki  v Margarita Betova (Rus) on court 8 following the Sebastian Ofner (Aut) v Nuno Borges (Por) game.

tennis pop ups.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
6 REPLIES 6

havensent
Tuning in

Hi

The channels 561 to 576 are all greyed out for me saying subscription required. I do subscribe to Sky Sports through Virgin (not the HD channels) and am on Maxit tv package should this entitle me to see these channels?

cje85
Trouble shooter

The extra channels are HD only and require Sky Sports HD. 

splashyellow
Settling in

Completely unfair to those of us who subscribe to Sky Sports but not the HD version. The ever-useless Red Button doesn't work either. Poor from Virgin.

havensent
Tuning in

I did fear when the tennis rights moved from amazon to sky if we would end up with just 2 streams and that is what has occurred. Channel 511 and 518 are showing the same stream (why not show a 3rd match?) and in SD so clearly it is possible to show these streams in SD. Red button access is non existent and we are all paying a lot of money for a Sky Sports subscription.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's Sky discrimination as usual. Sky customers with SkyQ, Sky Glass or Sky Stream access these streams via an app from the internet. If you have an older Sky+HD box you are stuck, as it has no internet connectivity, so no additional streams.

On Virgin if you pay for HD you still get it at least.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@splashyellow wrote:

Completely unfair to those of us who subscribe to Sky Sports but not the HD version. The ever-useless Red Button doesn't work either. Poor from Virgin.

Sky aren't providing Red Button coverage to their background Virgin app, so no that won't work. As far as Sky are concerned you get what you pay for, & if they decide to only provide additional content to HD customers, they are the only ones that get it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks