cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKTVPlay

Matilda54
Joining in

Why are all episodes of Father Brown not available via UKTV Play on VirginMedia??? We cannot now watch the whole series because  many episodes appear to have disappeared since last week - without any prior warning!!! Never had this problem with Sky!!!

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Matilda54 

The list of episodes of Father Brown on UKTV Play on VM are exactly the same as those showing on the app on Freeview. They are only available for 28 days. This is clearly shown on the synposis for each episode.

father brown.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Mine doesn't say 'Available for 28 days'. Is it not possible to download them and store them on the VirginMedia 360 box? We could do that with Sky Q. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matilda54 wrote:

Mine doesn't say 'Available for 28 days'. Is it not possible to download them and store them on the VirginMedia 360 box? We could do that with Sky Q. 

If they haven't aired yet you could record them, then they will be readily available to watch.

Some programs/epsiodes are only available to view on the VM set top box due to the agreement between the program provider and VM, Sky, BT etc.

If yours doesn't say 'available for 28 days' (as per my screenshot) then it's possible that you aren't actually using the UKTV Play app.  There are various other methods to watch Father Brown on the 360, depending on your subscription tier.

Using the Search  function from the Home screen on my 360 shows that there are 5 series (28 episodes) of Father Brown available. These are the same episodes available when clicking on the Catch Up shortcut, and also when searching via Box sets & Movies.

There are six episodes from series 5 and 7 available on Alibi and Alibi+1; 

six episodes from series 2 and 3 available from Drama and Drama +1; 

ten episodes available on BBC iPlayer from series 10; 

and eight episodes available from series 2 via the UKTV Play app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matilda54 wrote:

You cannot record OD content on Virgin boxes, only broadcast channels. Sky has the facility as some customers have slow internet connections that would result in constant buffering of streamed content. All Virgins connections are high speed, so there is no need for the facility.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

•  

I can see and access all the 28 episodes you refer to. My point is this - Fr Brown consists of 10 series comprising around 6 - 10 episodes per series - sometimes more. These are ALL available to SKY customers on the Alibi, Drama BBC iplayer Catch Up service. They are therefore 'up there' on the Alibi, Drama, and iplayer clouds. Why then can Virgin Media TV subscribers ( and I have the top TV package) only see 28 out of the 100? Why are all 100 not fully accessible. I use this simply as an example because I know they are all available on Sky. How many more series are Virgin customers not able to access and why? Most series on Gold, Alibi, Drama BBC and UKTVPlay ae shown to be ' Available On Demand'. Obviously that doesn't apply if you are a Virgin Media customer!

Hi @Matilda54 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Regarding Father Brown, the episodes you have mentioned are the only ones available for catch up through your Virgin Media service - Sky's licenses may differ which is why their customers may be able to access more but we do have a wide range of benefits too.

We're sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Well they were all there when we initially started watching Virgin (on 18 August) and now 75%+ have just disappeared. I don't think it's anything to do with licenses and no one at Virgin seems to have a definitive answer. What else is there that we can't access or can only partly access? No one seems to know that either.

I suppose in life you get what you pay for. Virgin is currently half the price of Sky but needs to make plain that customers only get half the facilities and accessibility of Sky. For me VirginMedia is very inferior to Sky in both its connectivity and its customer service. Its TV offering is clearly targeted at people who don't really make the most of watching TV in the 21st century. Doubt we will stick around once the contract ends.