cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKTV Play

jamesredfern
Superfast

Not sure if it's already been posted. But yesterday I notices a new app for UKTV Play appear on my 360. 

Just need a way to sort apps now. 

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @jamesredfern 

The UKTV Play app was added a couple of weeks ago.  There are some great box sets available on the app. Just like the Freeview app, programs from Gold aren't available via the app, but  there are still plenty available via Catch Up and Box Sets & Movies > Channels

If you scroll towards the bottom of the Home screen then there is a section of tiles, "Most recently used apps" which may be useful.

You can also use the voice control to open an app, just say Disney Plus for example.

Also if opening the Apps from the top navigation bar, if you scroll to the bottom of the apps list and click on All Apps > View all, then they are sorted in alphabetical order

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks. Only noticed it yesterday lol

Would live the recently used apps at the top of the screen. Seems a bit pointless being at ghe bottom as you have to scroll past all the apps to see it. 

Hey jamesredfern, thank you for reaching out and I glad you are enjoying our new app.

we're always updating features on our boxes which may include more functionality for the layout. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Why is this app not available to all boxes and why is there no continue watching on the ITVX app on V6 box?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @David6 

Not all apps are available on all platforms. The following apps are available on the V6 box, but not on the 360.box :- Body In Balance, Eros, Games, Get Fit Today, Pluto, and Voot.

A large amount of the programs from the UKTV channels will be available however via the On Demand and Catch Up services on the V6 and TiVo boxes. 

The older TiVo boxes haven't got enough memory to  run any more apps, it even struggles to run BBC iPlayer, and is now obsolete, and if it breaks is replaced for free of charge  by the V6 boxes..

VM agrees a deal with the broadcasters to place apps on their devices.  The broadcasters pay third parties to develop their apps to run on Virgins boxes, some of which may only want to develop apps for the latest boxes.

VM are running down the licence on the older boxes that run TiVo software so they can concentrate on their own in house Horizon platform (360 and Stream boxes) which their parent company Liberty Global use throught the rest of Europe.

You would need  to take it up with ITV (the broadcaster and app developer) as to why there is no continue watching on the ITVX app on the V6 box.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Why is Pluto avaliable on V6 but not 360? The agreement as I understood it was for the 360 and Stream boxes including a new section called 'Fast Channels' on the 360 EPG. Seems a bit odd that it's avaliable on the V6 tivo platform but not the 360 and Stream especially with Virgin wanting to phase out V6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @adhiren 

Possibly because a new contract needed to be agreed between the two companies before it could be added to the newer boxes. 

The app would need to be developed to be able to run on the 360 and stream boxes, it's possiblty still being tested and tweaked.  The new contract may mean that the app is removed from the V6.

VM may still be testing the Fast Channels section within the EPG before they and the app are added.. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.