cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD Ultimate Oomph

sugart1972
Joining in

As an existing customer (resigned nov 2020) I pay more for the Ultimate Oomph Package than new customers but don’t get the Sky Cinema UHD - which new customers get included as well as a new box. Is this right?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Seabarry 

Sometimes we do what is called a Pro Active Generosity Campaign 

How people are picked is beyond me, But it's your lucky day as the Charged for UHD on Sky Cinema has been cancelled 

Hope that has cheered you up 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you spoken to Customer Services to see if you can move to the current version of Ultimate Oomph that includes Ultra HD? What did they say?

In regards to a new box, anyone can move to the 360 platform, and Virgin will send out any appropriate new remotes or new boxes as required.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hello

Thanks for your reply.  

I was in the chat and it was the worst thing ever. Just trying to get me to upgrade my landline pay more and add the UHD. I was then transferred to another person who said it was for new customers only and to speak to the oomph team 

if I upgrade to the 360 platform - do I get UHD or is that still going to be extra 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Getting UHD and upgrading to 360 are two separate things, as the V6 boxes are also capable of UHD.

Whether you will pay extra for the current Ultimate Oomph bundle including UHD will depend on any introductory offer you're currently on for the version of bundle you have.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A migration from V6 > 360 is entirely independent of your package and any UHD add-ons.

Please just read up on 360 before choosing to migrate - I only say that because it's a one-way trip that doesn't come with any option to revert.

The UHD VoD add-on was part of any re-contracts since May 5th 2021.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

UHD has been included in the UO bundle for new customers since May this year. As a guide for you, I pay £117 per month for:

• Humax main and Humax mini box

• UO bundle

• UHD add on (£6 per month)

• Unlimited anytime landline calls and Oomph SIM

• Gig1 Fibre

I’m happy with the price I pay. I did try twice to have the UHD for free but wasn’t lucky enough. Others, however, have negotiated and got it for free. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sugart1972,

I hope this long post helps.

As advised by @BenMcr   anyone can move to the 360 platform, and Virgin will send out any appropriate new remotes or new boxes as required.

If you currently have 2 compatible V6 boxes (the Arris version) then they can have a software update to the 360 platform (you are just sent the new remotes)  and you keep your hard drive storage on both boxes. If they aren't the Arris version then they would be swapped out for  360 main box and a 360 mini box. The mini box doesn't have a hard drive. Either way you would also lose any recordings and series links that you currently have.

Customers that renew or start a new Ultimate Oomph contract will receive the Sky Entertainment and Cinema Ultra HD for free.

If you don't renew your Ultimate Oomph package you will need to pay an extra £6 per month if you want the add-on.

You should try negotiating a new price including the add-on to renew your Ultimate Oomph package and see what's offered. 

However, if you have already have a discount on the UO that you took out in November 2020, then renegotiating may mean you end up paying a higher price overall than you would if you just added the Sky Entertainment and Cinema Ultra HD .

Info below taken from https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/ultra-hd 

New Ultimate Oomph customers: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included with bundle. Subject to 18 month minimum term. Existing customers renewing Ultimate Oomph bundle: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included. Subject to 18 month minimum term.   

£6 a month for existing customers of Maxit TV (Fullhouse/Bigger Bundle/Ultimate Oomph) packages. 30 days’ notice required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick. Prices may increase at any time during the contract

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Just to add to what newapollo has said it may take more than one phone call to the retensions team before you speak to someone who will include the UHD as part of UO when renewing, some of them still say it's for new customers only and want to charge £6 extra.

I speak from recent experience.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to correct my original post on this thread as I quoted some incorrect information. 😳

All V6 boxes are able to be updated to the 360 software, it's just the TIVO  and legacy VM boxes that can't be updated.

Sorry for any confusion I  may have caused.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @sugart1972.

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I hope you have found everything you needed. 

The UHD for existing customers is normally charged at £6 a month, there are some exceptions to this as others have managed to get it for free.

If we are able to assist you further then please do let me know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M