Menu
Atso
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

UHD Broadcasting

I have just joined Virgin TV with the Oomph package.  As part of me finding out what it is all about I have found out to my disappointment that although Virgin advertise that their boxes can transmit in UHD, which was an attraction to me when considering leaving Sky after 20 years, I now have sussed it out that they have a dedicated UHD channel with very little content listed.  I wanted to view the play off yesterday on Sky Sport Football Channel only to find that there was no UHD available to me as it would have been if I was still with Sky!!  Am I missing something or is it as I have described?  Will Virgin eventually broadcast all available UHD programmes that I have been accustomed to with Sky Q.  Regards  Atso

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: UHD Broadcasting

Hi Atso,

VM agreed a deal with Sky although there was no definitive date, it was expected to be some time in 2020.

press-release 

As part of the extended deal have actually added new content including Sky Cinema Original films, along with unmissable Sky original drama on demand.

If you haven't already done so you can upgrade to the Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/skyUHDregistration 

Apart from VM's own UHD channel there is also the BT Sport Ultimate channel, and if you subscribe there are also programs in UHD available on Netflix and Prime, alongside some free UHD on iPlayer

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: UHD Broadcasting

There's the Euro 2020 coming up on BBC with the BBC iPlayer streaming all BBC TV games live, with most BBC games available in Ultra HD via iPlayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57188305 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules