cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two virgin Tv 360 boxes

chris247247
Tuning in

Hi, technical support are telling me I can’t upgrade my two v6 boxes to 360. I have to upgrade one and swap one for a mini box, but this isn’t what it says on the website.

can someone clarify if I can have 2 360 boxes?

thank you 

25 REPLIES 25

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can absolutely convert 2 x V6 into TV360-masters. Have you been told this misinformation by phone or webchat?

Any new installs get mini-boxes for additional boxes, and any fault replacements will be minis - without the HDD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

By technical support on the phone. They sent me a mini box which I don’t want and I have offered to send back. One of my V6 boxes has successfully upgraded to 360. The other V6 box is completely dead and will only play ITV with a 7400 code error.

technical support said they can’t fix it 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Oh, so you've already done the conversion and this conversation was trying to fix a problem - that changes things, and I suspect you won't now get the second hard drive back.

When you say you don't want the second box, do you mean you don't want multiroom? Or you want a master rather than mini?

If the latter, I think you will have an uphill struggle, given that faulty additionals are now replaced with minis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I asked to upgrade both working V6 boxes to 360. They sent me a mini box and only let me upgrade one V6 box and killed the other one because they said I need to use the mini box. There is nothing wrong with the V6 box other than it’s been deregistered from my account due to their mistake. Technical support are saying they can’t reregister the V6 box with my account and allow it to upgrade.

thank you for any help you can offer.

A forum team member may be able to get the mini deactivated and the V6 reactivated.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Roger_Gooner

Thank you! that would be much appreciated. How do I go about that? Do they contact me or do I need to message someone?

thank you

chris 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You just need to wait on this forum a couple of days for a staff member to respond.

Although I will still be surprised if this is possible - if your account has been converted to the TV360 platform then it's no longer active on the TiVo-platform, so an activation of a V6 won't be possible on that basis. Logically, only a TV360 box can now be activated, be it a mini or a master - and you can't get the SW update pushed down to a deactivated box.

I suspect this will be a catch-22, but I hope for your sake I can be proven wrong.

Won’t the engineer have a master 360 box they can issue me, and then take away both my V6 and my mini with them? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's the issue. Faulty TV360 masters are now replaced with TV360 minis if they are additional boxes.

The only mitigation for the rule of one master TV360, are multiple V6 conversions.

I suspect your case will fall between numerous cracks.