cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two V6 360 boxes

Earnestly
Tuning in

Hi, I'm having 2 major problems:

1. My main "default" box won't record series or delete recordings if my 2nd box is not switched on. Can I stop this happening?

2. I record and go to watch but instead of "Watch" it indicates "delete recording"?

If above cannot be resolved, can I delete the 360 software from, at least, my 2nd box and revert to standard V6?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A TV360 master is physically identical to a V6.

The difference is in the software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

thrice
Superfast

When I first switched to the 360 I encountered a similar problem but a fix turned out to be simple. Set both your boxes to 'Fast Start' in the settings menu. 'Delete Recording' is sometimes the first item when you select a recording. If you navigate to the right you will find an option to play the recording. Switching to the 360 is a one-way street and it is not possible to revert to the V6. This should have been made clear when you switched. It was to me. I hope this helps.

I have now put both boxes on fast start. Press to watch The Larkins Oct 30th and I get in a row;- DELETE RECORDING EPISODES ABOUT THIS SERIES. Pressing episodes takes me back to my The Larkins recordings. Press 30th Oct and I again get to he above row.

I recognise that I can watch on ITV Hub but I cannot get subtitles on catch-up apps (which I mostly need) on my allegedly out-of-date TV!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Earnestly wrote:

I recognise that I can watch on ITV Hub but I cannot get subtitles on catch-up apps (which I mostly need) on my allegedly out-of-date TV!

I'm not sure how the TV360 works cf V6, but "ITV Hub" can either mean the branded app or just the advertising on standard VoD programmes.

And standard VoD has much better subtitling these days, I just can't recall off-hand if ITV provide it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@Earnestly wrote:

I have now put both boxes on fast start. Press to watch The Larkins Oct 30th and I get in a row;- DELETE RECORDING EPISODES ABOUT THIS SERIES. Pressing episodes takes me back to my The Larkins recordings. Press 30th Oct and I again get to he above row.

You said in your first post,

"1. My main "default" box won't record series or delete recordings if my 2nd box is not switched on. Can I stop this happening?"

so what you might be seeing is a link for a recording that has failed for whatever reason so you only have the option to delete, I am sure I have seen that before but it has also had a message saying why it failed for example "change to TV guide", you might be able to scroll back across the TV guide and see a red circle with an "!" inside, (I think that is what it is), next to your episode instead of the solid red circle to show it's been recorded.

japitts, thanks but I'm not clear what you mean. N.B. It may help to know that I am 80 years old!!

No matter how I select catch up apps i.e from a programme or via VM apps, I cannot get subtitles. I can though if I watch a recorded programme, which is where my initial problem i.e. "delete recording" takes effect.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I will always advocate recording programmes over using VoD, but that said - I will check my V6 later tonight for subtitles OnDemand, whether ITV have them or not. In the distant past VoD just didn't do subtitles, but in recent times some broadcasters now have them - Sky & C5 were at one stage.

How you get subtitles should be the same between recordings & VoD, I'd have thought - but I don't use TV360 so it may differ.

No the recordings are not fails. It tells me to switch on my 2nd box and, that done, I can watch the recording or press to record a series. That is unless it then tells me that I can only "DELETE RECORDING" instead of "WATCH".

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Earnestly 

" My main "default" box won't record series or delete recordings if my 2nd box is not switched on. Can I stop this happening?"

It sounds to me like you have a main box and a mini box. The mini box is smaller than the main box because it doesn't have a hard drive. All recordings are made on the main (larger) box.bPictures at the bottom of this post

I think that you are using the mini box as your "main default" box.

This means it can't record unless the larger box is turned on, or the larger box is set to either Active Start or Fast Start.

On the larger of the two boxes click on the Settings menu (the cog wheel) then click on System > Standby power consumption> then chose either Active Start or Fast Start.  Personally I have mine set to Active Start as it uses very little electricity.

As to subtitles, it 's a little bit tricky to master at first but you can get subtitles on Ithe TV hub  app and the BBC iPlayer app

On the BBC iPlayer app

Once the episode is playing, you need to press 'Up' on the circular four way pad to get the speech bubble to appear on screen, then up again to go to the bit of the menu where you can select it. 
Then when you're on it press OK to access the Subtitles option and then OK again to turn them on.

On the ITV Hub app.

Once the episode is playing, you need to press 'Up' twice on the circular four way pad, and a mini menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. If there are subtitles available for that program then you will see an "S" graphic (icon) on the lower right of the screen. Use the right directional button to scroll across to the "S" graphic. This will then show either the text Suntitles Off or subtitles On. You can then select subtitles by clicking OK.

main 360main 360360 mini360 mini

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo thanks. No, my boxes are identical. Both V6s updated with 360 software.

However, just tried your method of obtaining ITV hub subtitles and I'm delighted to say that I was successful. I trust it works with all channels. Many thanks.