cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360 sticking

jinakolis
Joining in

I called to find a cheaper package as I was out of contract, I was offered £13 off my bill and a 360, with a free remote.

I said I like my existing remote, can I stick with it, he said yes.

The new  remote is horrible, prefer the old one. The light is not on long enough to find the button. 

Signed into iPlayer yesterday, try to use it today, wants me to sign in again, shouldn't happen like that. It's all wrong.

The fast forward sticks, not intuitive, hate it. 

Need to go back to V6, that was superior.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jinakolis wrote:

Unfortuntely, that won't be possible.

A conversion from TiVo/V6 > 360 is completely voluntary, but is also one-way and irreversible.

Your package change will come with a 14day cancellation period, but the change of STB software doesn't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@jinakolis wrote:

............... The light is not on long enough to find the button. 

Absolutely correct 

Signed into iPlayer yesterday, try to use it today, wants me to sign in again, shouldn't happen like that. It's all wrong.

Are you set to eco, try setting it to fast start or active start.

The fast forward sticks, not intuitive, hate it.

Can you explain what you mean, there are 4 fast forward speeds and you press the back/return button to stop.

Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic

@jinakolis wrote:

As a former user of the V6 box when I was last with VM, I agree. Even though the TV360 box is the same hardware, the fact that I can no-longer download my box recordings to watch on my tablet equipped with Virgin Media's software is a show-stopper. This is very important functionality that VM have quietly dropped (and are pretending to make up for with the selected downloads catalog). These downloads are never the things that I've recorded and that I want to watch while out and about on my tablet or laptop.

FWIW I also preferred the V6 remote too and I have no need to talk to my new TV360 remote. I REALLY wanted Virgin Medias own, homegrown Horizon system used in the TV360 to be an improvement but it seems they're happy to leave us with a subset of what we used to have with the V6 and to give us few 'features' that many people don't want or need. By all means they should look to give us new features where possible but not at the expense of those we'd already grown to like and use a lot.

It seems as if meaningful development on the TV360 platform has stalled so when my contract is up, I'll probably be going back to the previous TV provider I had (which had fully working software to download Recorded TV programs for playback on my tablet - all possible using the one app too!

As you were told that you could keep using the V6 remote and were therefore misinformed, I think the onus should be on Virgin Media to put this right and get you back to V6 user mode again (if necessary by providing a replacement V6 box). I realise that you'll likely receive a 'thats not possible' from many but when you think about it, its the same hardware and the V6 software is still out there and in use on many other V6 boxes so of course its possible (irrespective of whether VM wants you to go back, its still possible).