cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360 remote won't control LG tv volume

stevehathway
On our wavelength

Hi gang , 

just installed tv360, paired my tv , when testing it activates the volume . When I click DONE , it no longer controls volume or mute. But does turn tv on and off. Annoying . Help please 

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Did you try putting in the TV model number, if you are setting it by just pressing the volume key don't always accept the first one that works try some more.

Yes I enter model number and all work. When I press done to close the setting it fails to store the setting .

Welcome to my world. I am also a new v360 user with an LG TV.

You probably want to look at a post I made a few days ago. It contains a list of faults that I hit in a 6 week period, as well as a solution to all of them.  Well, all bar the softish Sky Sports HD picture that seems to be a generic issue for most viewers.

I am sorry to say the workaroud is a hardware solution, designed to avoid the TV handshaking directly with the v360 box via its hdmi connection.  But it does work and will probably save you a lot of future pain if you have only found the volume issue so far.

I don't know how to link to posts within the forum but here's the title...
    "LG TVs and Virgin 360 woes - a solution or at least a workaround"

The volume buttons didn't start working properly until about an hour after the intermediate box went in. They are still working correctly 5 days later.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is the link /LG-TVs-and-Virgin-360-woes-a-solution-or-at-least-a-workaround/  @spedwards  was referring to.

To insert a link click on the paperclip icon in the toolbar at the top of the post you are writing.

Then insert the link in the box that opens. You can edit how it appears in the post in the text to display box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stevehathway 

I have an LG TV too which I have no problems with, however I've made a booboo a few times when checking how to set up the remote for other users who are having problems.

Under Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control ... make sure it's set to LG TV and NOT LG Amplifier.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Good point.  Each generation of LG Tv will have different firmware and interraction. As will each of the panel types. I shouldn't assume all will react like our OLED C8 did.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @stevehathway.

Welcome back to the forums and thank you once again for taking the time to post. 

Has the work around provide solved the issues you are currently experiencing? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M