Menu
nawilson298
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tv360 email

Can anyone help?

When did you sign up and receive confirmation?

Are you an ultimate omph customer?

Have you successfully updated your v6 or received a new tv360 box?

I am asking this because I was told the tv360 sign up email was sent to me by mistake and was only for ultimate omph customers.

I have been messed around for nye on 4 weeks now only to be told I am not legible for tv360 even though I have received a 360 remote.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv360 email

Hello

There was a pilot to update some customers to the v360 software on their current v6 boxes which sounds like what you have signed up too, can you go into you apps and check if there is an upgrade button, beware that this will wipe your v6 box of all settings, recordings and series links, if you do not do the upgrade by the app then this will automatically apply within 7 days of receiving your remote.

Ultimate Oomph customer are the only ones to get replacement boxes.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I renewed my contract at the end of November, not to UO, just bigger bundle plus sports and 200MB BB, later that day I received an email inviting me to upgrade to 360, which I duly filled in, then week or so later (02/12/20) I received the remote control and the app was on my box and upgraded to 360 via software update,  I can only assume I may have been part of the trial at that time as I am not an ultimate oomph customer, but TBH I’m loving the 360 and can only get better, only a couple niggles that need ironing out, such as series recording new only.

0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There was a form you could fill out back in October or November to get the new experience early. I think if you filled that in you’d later get the signup option or another form to upgrade to 360.

I think in parallel to this as part of the launch they started offering upgrades to all, starting with ultimate oomph (presumably planning to offer to rest later). 

I suspect that the upgrade will pay off for virgin quite quick, as the admin and remote fees will be offset against TiVo licenses. So to me it doesn’t make sense for them not to offer it to all eventually.

Personally  I’m not in ultimate oomph, but am part way through the V6 to 360 upgrade (new remote only I think). 

Of course virgin will want to only have a certain number upgrade at once. Virgin will know that x in a thousand say will experience issues(wether real issues, or just issues with customer not liking change, or needing guidance) severe enough to need phone support, y in a thousand an engineer etc. Virgin won’t want the upgrade to overwhelm them with support requests

0 Kudos