cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360 box won't record or play recorded content

NickyNoogle
On our wavelength

When i try to record anything at all I just get an error message saying 'unable to do that try later'. If I try to play any recorded content I get an error CS2214 unable to play then the tv360 box reboots itself.  The box is connected by ethernet to the hub but thre problem is the same if I connect with Wi-Fi. I have rebooted the hub and the TV360 box as well as disconnecting both from the mains power. Ihave tried the diagnostics which show no problems and the text from customer services just leads to a blank screen.  Any advice eould be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Try pausing some live TV and then see if it play's OK, if it doesn't then it's probably a hard drive problem and will need the box replacing.

You could also try a factory reset if you haven't already, go to Settings > System > Factory Reset

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links
you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match
frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone, or wait for one of the Forum team to respond if you are still having problems.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

Try pausing some live TV and then see if it play's OK, if it doesn't then it's probably a hard drive problem and will need the box replacing.

You could also try a factory reset if you haven't already, go to Settings > System > Factory Reset

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links
you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match
frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone, or wait for one of the Forum team to respond if you are still having problems.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NickyNoogle 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your TV360 features. I can see you've spoken with our team since posting and have been able to get this issue resolved. Please do let us know if you're experiencing any further issues, or need anything else, and we'll be more than happy to lend a hand.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

The new TV360 box has arrived and I have installed it without any problems. The original faulty box has been returned. The new box is working correctly even if it did set my TV as an Hitachi device rather than a Toshiba. +I will now be somewhat nervous about recording programmes for viewing at a later date since I can no longer record them to a DVD.