Tv

Roycunliffe
Joining in

TV box showing an orange light and won't come on 

7 REPLIES 7

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you tried a power cycle i.e. turn it off at the wall or using the switch on the back of the box?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Roycunliffe
Joining in

Yea done all that and phoned Virgin who said they would phone me back within 4 hours that was 5 hours ago

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've very likely been blagged by that CS agent, I'll be amazed if that callback happens.

What's showing on your TV when you tried restarting your 360 - does the box complete the startup loop of "Welcome", "Starting up" etc?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It says welcome but that's it , I had a engineer here on Monday and he re routed a cable outside but never checked this box so I wonder if that's the cause, just checked it and the light was on red but it still won't come on 

Hi Roycunliffe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your Tv service. 

I have taken a look on our side and can see you spoke with some of our team regarding this. 

Has everything been resolved for you?

^Martin

Yes it's been sorted this morning by replacing my box to a mini box and also putting a power charger splitter into the hub, Seems strange how different Engineers find  different problems..

Hi Roycunliffe,

Thanks for getting back to us, it's great to hear this has now been sorted for you.

If you do need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards

Beth