cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv won’t turn on

Rona286
Joining in

My virgin remote will turn on and off the 360 box, but not the tv, so am having to use tv remote. Once it’s on, i can navigate around box & adjust volume on tv.  Help! 

11 REPLIES 11

roy247
Community elder

Does it not turn the TV on/off with either the white TV or red power button. If it's just the red button make sure one power is still set to on, if it's both buttons I would try some new batteries and then try repairing the remote to the TV if the new batteries don't work.

Thanks for reply. 
but I’ve since solved it. Had to turn one “one power” under Settings/systems. 

jamesj711
Tuning in

I have the same problem - the virgin remote does control my volume but it doesn't turn the TV on or off. I have aleady turned ON the one power setting but it still doesn't work.

I did pair the remote and Virgin claimed to have found my LG 55UB820V TV

Please help, it's massively inconvenient to an otherwise great setup

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jamesj711 

Have you turned on Simplink (HDMI-CEC)  on your LG TV?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jamesj711
Tuning in

Hi - I can't find the setting for it but Simplink is included in the TV. I can control the sound via the Virgin remote, does this mean it's on? I've searched the TV settings and gone through the manual but the setting for ON/OFF doesn't exist

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jamesj711,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced, is there no tab for Simplink at all?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Nope, I've been through every pane but nothing related to Simplink. The data sheet for the TV says SImplink is on the TV, and the on/off used to work with the Sky remote....

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jamesj711 

I hope the following helps. I've found an online manual which suggests you connect to the HDMI ARC port (HDMI2)

You then need to use the LG's magic remote and press the Home button

To select an external input
This is the Home button on the Magic remote control. INPUT LIST
**Selects external input.
The input selection screen appears. You can specify a name for each input and set the SIMPLINK function.

Selects speaker.
Selects input.
Edits the name of external device connected to external terminal.
Sets SIMPLINK.
Sets Universal Remote Control. [This feature is available in certain countries only.]
To use SIMPLINK
SIMPLINK is a feature that enables you to control and manage various multimedia devices conveniently using the TV remote control only via the SIMPLINK menu.
Connect the TV's HDMI IN terminal with the SIMPLINK device's HDMI output terminal using an HDMI cable. For home theatre units with a SIMPLINK function, connect HDMI terminals as above, and use an optical cable to connect Optical Digital Audio Out from the TV to Optical Digital Audio In of the SIMPLINK device. (When connecting HDMI-ARC-enabled devices via the HDMI-ARC port, an optical cable is not required.)
Select This is the Home button on the Magic remote control. MY APPS SIMPLINK. SIMPLINK menu window appears.
Select SIMPLINK Setting on SIMPLINK menu window. SIMPLINK setup window appears.
Set SIMPLINK to On in SIMPLINK setup window.
Close SIMPLINK setup window.
Select the device to control from This is the Home button on the Magic remote control. MY APPS SIMPLINK.

HDMI-ARC port.
Switching to external input causes devices operating with SIMPLINK to stop. Use of a third-party device with HDMI-CEC features may cause malfunctions. Optical cable connection is supported only for models with the optical digital port.
Explanation of SIMPLINK features
Direct Play Plays the multimedia device on the TV instantly.
Select multimedia device Selects the desired device via the SIMPLINK menu to control it from the TV screen instantly.
Disc playback Manages the multimedia device with the TV remote control.
Power off all devices If the Auto Power function is set to On in the SIMPLINK settings, turning the TV off will turn the power off on all SIMPLINK-connected devices.
Sync Power on If the Auto Power function is set to On in the SIMPLINK settings, turning on a SIMPLINK device will turn the TV on.
Speaker Selects speaker either on the home theatre unit or the TV.

1.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Wonderful, thanks Newapollo, will try this later when am home and get back to you