cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv switching off and on

Starkie81
Tuning in

Hi everyone.

Since we had virgin installed 3 weeks ago, our TV now switches itself off then on again seconds later. Not all the time, but when it does happen it'll happen every 30 minutes to an hour. There is no pattern to when it happens which makes no sense.

I've checked all tv settings and there is no timer set or auto turn off set etc. This has never been a problem before which leads me to think it must have something to do with the virgin tv box.

Has anyone experienced similar and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance 

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

If you have "one power" turned on you could try turning it off to see if it makes any difference, also check that the 360 isn't connected to the HDMI-ARC connector. Is your TV a Samsung because some users with Samsung's have reported random turn on's, usually during the night which may indicate a HDMI issue.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Starkie81, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the TV. 😞
May I ask what model TV it is you have?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. The tv is a jvc rm-c3338. 

Still happening and it's frustrating as it's only started since we installed virgin.

Any advice welcomed

Hi. It was connected to hdmi arc. How could this affect it? Never even knew it was a thing.

Thanks for the advice. Will wait for an hour or so and see if that fixes it.

Hi Starkie81 👋 thank you for getting back to us. 

How did you get on following the HDMI-ARC test? Please let us know if the issue is still ongoing so we can offer further support if needed. 

Thank you!

All the best. 🌞

Molly