cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv sound but no picture Virgin 360 + Samsung Frame

Moement
Tuning in

I had Virgin installed only 4 days ago and this is the second time this has happened. The first time was within hours of the install. Someone from Virgin was able to help and get the picture up again with a forced upgrade to the box, but yesterday it happened again. I have done everything from swapping hdmi cords, to using different hdmi sources on the tv. The box itself is not being interfered with from any other devices. Running out of patience. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Moement

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forum, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and that this has been a repeat issues. 

Can I just check, is the screen completely blank or is there an error message at all? 

Thank you.

The screen is completely black. I can hear the sound of the show. I can adjust volume, but cannot change channel. None of the UI comes up either. 

the TV itself works fine when I use it off of the Virgin 360. It is only when trying to use my Virgin 360 box and remote that I get only sound and nothing else. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Moement 

Have you tried connecting a different TV to the 360 to see if that works. It may highlight if it's the actual 360 or the TV causing the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I only have one TV so I cannot try with another tv, plus, I don’t think I should need to get a new tv for my box. My box from BT worked perfectly fine with this tv. 

@ashleigh_c

is there anything that can be done or an engineer to be sent out? The screen is still completely black. Only sound. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Moement

Thanks for your reply

I am going to drop you a private message now to confirm some more details and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have the same issues, unplug the TV power from the box, leave for 30 seconds and then plug back in.  TV will then have sound and picture.

Had to do this a couple of times with my frame also

Hope this helps.