cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv remote and volume issue

Rik1
Tuning in

Hi after getting my tivo box upgraded to a 360 and the enginear linking my 360 remote to my jvc tv so i can use the volume since that has been done i can not turn my tv of with either remote or or use anyother button on my tv remote except the volume i now have to turn my tv of at the socket please help ive even tried reseting my 360 remote but it pairs straight back up to the tv when the virgin box is turned of my tv remote is fine 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rik1,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you on board with us here 🙂

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Virgin 360 remote.

Did you press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds to factory reset the TV 360 remote?

You can also pair the 360 remote by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Can you also check the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start?

In the interim period, you can also use the Virgin TV Go app to control your TV box. For more info see here

Give that a try and let us know if it makes any difference.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rik1,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you on board with us here 🙂

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Virgin 360 remote.

Did you press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds to factory reset the TV 360 remote?

You can also pair the 360 remote by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Can you also check the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start?

In the interim period, you can also use the Virgin TV Go app to control your TV box. For more info see here

Give that a try and let us know if it makes any difference.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Like i said ive tried a reset it dosent work i think its the fact that they have upgraded my old tivo box rather than give me a new one 

It'll be how the remotes have been paired and programmed to the set top box. 

Can you confirm which make and model your TV is and we'll try and investigate the issue further to find a resolution. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi its a jvc tv is there anyway to just unpair it from the tv because when i reset the remote it automatically pairs back up to the tv

model no LT-42C550

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rik1 

I hope the following helps.

Both remotes should be able to turn your TV on and off.

When pairing the 360 with your TV you can either search for device number LT42 or device number 42C5  both should work. 

When the 360 says it's found a matching device and asks you to check that the volume keys are working you can select no and it will then search again. Sometimes there is more than one configuration that works, some better than others.

The red power button on the 360 remote should allow you to allow yuo to switch the 360 on and off, plus if yuo have enabled One Power in the 360 settings it should also you switch your TV on and off at the same time.

The black TV button on the left hand side of the 360 remote should allow you to switch your TV on and off independently of the 360 set top box.

On your 360 go into Settings > System> One power and set that to ON. - that allows it to control the TV On/Off function.

On your actual TV you need to set up HDMI - CEC - that should ensure that both remotes can turn your TV on and Off - see the screenshot below.

hdmi cec.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Great thanks i will try that as soon as i get home 

Great thanks everything is working spot on now 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Rik1 

Thanks for the update, that's brilliant news.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali