Menu
Sonya77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tv package

so when iv turned on my 360 box this morning my tv package has changed and iv lost channels? 
I have tried phoning and on chat can’t get through to either.

Anyone else have this problem?

thanks

0 Kudos
bluecatt73
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv package

VM were making a number of channels available to customers on lesser packages, but yesterday (Tuesday) was the final day, I believe. Your channels have probably just returned to what they were previously.

0 Kudos
Sonya77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok.

Still states on the website that the package I got still gets the channels I received before this happened. I see it’s gone up in price but that shouldn’t matter. I entered into a contract to receive these channels, surly if the package changes so should my monthly bill to reflect the the new package, which is now cheaper than what i am paying, idk 

Tried ringing a few times now haven’t got all day to wait in queue unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Which TV bundle do you have and which channels do you believe you are missing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sonya77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I got the big oophm bundle for 33.99 but have since upgraded my calls to anytime calls so my bill now is £41.99. 
if I was to buy this package now it would cost 45.99.

I am missing sky history and a few others 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The Big Bundle only has the Mixit TV channels which doesn’t include Sky History channels. This means the explanation given above is correct. You had some extra channels free of charge for some time due to COVID.

You can check the channels you should have here (column 5):

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The Big Oomph package is the Mixit TV package. Details of the channels available in each package can be found using /virgin-tv-channel-guide 

You can add extra channels using Personal Picks. These cost £7 extra for the first personal pick per month, and £5 extra for any further personal pick packages you wish to add. In addition you can also add the kids personal pick for £5 per month.

VM provided customers with some extra channels for free until 9th February freebie channels 

Virgin Media is making a number of factual pay TV channels available until 9 February. They are: Animal Planet HD, Animal Planet +1, Crime+Investigation HD, Crime+Investigation +1, Discovery History, Discovery History +1, Discovery Science, Discovery Science + 1, Discovery Turbo, Eurosport 1 HD, Eurosport 2 HD, Sky History HD, Sky History +1 and Sky History 2 HD

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Sonya77
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nothing makes sense in there packages. I got the big oophm bundle but it came with the m200 not the m100 which it is showing now. 
If that’s the case i will just stick with freeview  channels and cancel virgin tv. Never said anything about covid offers when I ordered it  but I have no proof of it, so can’t argue it.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mixit TV is the minimum TV bundle with Virgin Media.

Cancel TV within your minimum period and you will get early disconnection fees and the price of the bundle you’re left with can’t be an Oomph bundle and your price will increase.