cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv downstairs but wifi is in different room

kaya20015636
Tuning in

Hi i am a new virgin media customer- got internet, tv and phone package (activated it yesterday as i recently moved houses) but have an issue previous house owner has a virgin media wall socket thing which the white wire connects to the broadband- which is upstairs- however my tv (using virgin 360 tv) is downstairs how am i supposed to connect it to the white wire that connects to the broadband and tv. (Not talking about ethernet as i know wifi can be used)

but do i need the coaxial cable (think thats what its called) i cant move the internet hub downstairs as theres less service there conpared to the upstairs room

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you don't have a co-ax cable connection in the location you want to use any VM kit, then you'll need a manned install.

You can either call in to arrange this, or wait on this forum for staff to respond. The latter may take a couple of days, the former is either 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V360 box receives broadcast channels down the coaxial cable in the same way a Sky Satellite receiver gets its broadcast channels down a coaxial cable from a dish outside. No cable, no channels.

A VM technician can split the incoming coax to either create another entry point from external wiring, or wire internally if you wish.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @kaya20015636 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing some issues with the installation of your new box and big thank you to the community members for advising. 

Have you been able to arrange a manned install with our teams or are you still needing some assistance?