Menu
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv 360 v V6

It is very clear that the TV 360 Record Series function is very primitive when compared with the very mature TiVo Series Link+ of the V6.

Following an unexpected re-boot of my TV 360 at around 9:35 last night while 4 programs were recording, I learned that TV 360 can outdo V6 on the consequences of such a re-boot during recording.

Firstly, V6 would split the recordings into two. TV 360 only has a single recording with the obvious bit missing.

Secondly, and more importantly, TV 360 does something that V6 can’t - it re-records the episode if there is a repeat and replaces the partial recording with a complete one. To achieve this on V6, you have to manually re-schedule the repeat and delete the two partials.

This is illustrated by this screenshot from the Virgin TV Go app:

5021C854-06A4-4344-A58E-0EFAA6568480.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv 360 v V6

Interesting spot Ernie.

Out of interest, and you're better placed to even know if 360 lets you set these preferences in the first place... but if you've got a SL for "HD if possible", and the channel in question has SD, +1 & HD variants, does the rescheduled recording follow the same logic as the "failed" recording?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
deans6571
Wise owl
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

Following an unexpected re-boot of my TV 360 at around 9:35 last night while 4 programs were recording,

....not to hijack this thread but my V6 ALSO unexpectedly rebooted last night, all by itself, at precisely 9:35pm (it was also recording a program)??!!

Did VM push out a weird update I wonder??!

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

It is very clear that the TV 360 Record Series function is very primitive when compared with the very mature TiVo Series Link+ of the V6.

Following an unexpected re-boot of my TV 360 at around 9:35 last night while 4 programs were recording, I learned that TV 360 can outdo V6 on the consequences of such a re-boot during recording.

Firstly, V6 would split the recordings into two. TV 360 only has a single recording with the obvious bit missing.

Secondly, and more importantly, TV 360 does something that V6 can’t - it re-records the episode if there is a repeat and replaces the partial recording with a complete one. To achieve this on V6, you have to manually re-schedule the repeat and delete the two partials.

This is illustrated by this screenshot from the Virgin TV Go app:

5021C854-06A4-4344-A58E-0EFAA6568480.jpeg

It also shows a little pacman icon to show its a partial recording, the other thing I noticed that it does better is it shows that you have a series link to a program in the guide no matter if the episode is the one to be recorded or not 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@japitts 

Record Series is single channel only.

@deans6571 

Interesting. At first I thought it might be 4.32 arriving but have now put it down to a glitch in the force.

@dannylau 

Yes, the Pac-Man is useful.

The scheduling of multiple repeats, of course, is the reason behind the re-recording of the partial recording BUT ….

….. it is also the reason behind the record/watch/delete re-recording ‘bug’.

roy247
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie,

When it happened to me back in February when it recorded the full episode it also deleted the partial recording, has it done that for you ?

Roy 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

@japitts 

Record Series is single channel only.

@deans6571 

Interesting. At first I thought it might be 4.32 arriving but have now put it down to a glitch in the force.

@dannylau 

Yes, the Pac-Man is useful.

The scheduling of multiple repeats, of course, is the reason behind the re-recording of the partial recording BUT ….

….. it is also the reason behind the record/watch/delete re-recording ‘bug’.

Mine's stopped recorded the same episode after I deletion, it was either 4.30 or 4.31 but it's not done it for a while

0 Kudos