cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv 360 upgrade

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

Hi all,

just a couple of questions, I’ve got my new remotes arriving on Wednesday but my boxes have no sign of the tv360 upgrade option as yet. Any ideas when that’ll show up ready?

Also we have 2 V6 boxes will they both upgrade at the same time or do I have to do one and then the other? One box is upstairs and I can’t be in 2 places at once.

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Mrs_G1,

I'm so sorry to hear you are getting this fault code. I have checked our systems and can see you were able to speak with our team yesterday after posting here. 

There are some notes to advise that a replacement box has been ordered for you and that the 2nd box can still be upgraded by software conversion. 

Do keep us posted and let us know if there's any further issues. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mrs_G1 

Then upgrade app probably won't appear until around the day that the new remotes are delivered.

The app may appear on your home screen, or in the all apps folder, or in both locations.

When I updated by v6 boxes to 360 I had them both turned on and completed the set up on bedroom box first. When I went downstairs the second box had started the update and was waiting for me to make a few key presses to continue it. 

The onscreen messages indicate it will take around 30-40 minutes -  it took me 20 minutes in total to update both boxes.

You can do them separately if you wish, it shouldn't make any difference. If yuo don't do anything the regrade will automatically take place around 5 days after you receive the new remotes

There should be an insert or instructions printed on the inside lid of the box containg the new remotes - I'll post a screenshot of it below though (just in case)

upgrade to 360upgrade to 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

Cheers for the quick response.

hopefully it’ll be a nice quick and easy upgrade 🙂 roll on Wednesday!

Hey Mrs_G1, thank you for reaching out about your upgrade.

Please do make sure you let us know how it goes on Wednesday. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

Hi,

started my 360 upgrade 2 days ago, automatically got the ma1/4/40 fault code, rang virgin and spent the next 25 mins on the phone with a lovely, very helpful lady (whose name I can’t remember) after several tries from her end she has escalated it to the faults management team.

48 hours later I’m still waiting for a phone call to let me know what’s happening. V6 Box still refusing to upgrade, so how much longer do I wait? An update would be nice.

Have the CEO management team ringing me back on weds to change my package (was yesterday but he couldn’t do it due to no 360 upgrade) if it’s not sorted by then he’ll definitely have a complaint to deal with.

Any advice or ideas?

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

The upgrade didn’t happen. Fault code ma1/4/40 so waiting on faults management team now.

Hi @Mrs_G1,

I'm so sorry to hear you are getting this fault code. I have checked our systems and can see you were able to speak with our team yesterday after posting here. 

There are some notes to advise that a replacement box has been ordered for you and that the 2nd box can still be upgraded by software conversion. 

Do keep us posted and let us know if there's any further issues. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

Received my new 360 box, plugged it up now I’ve got an account retrieval error! CS1011.

20 mins on the phone and it’s been referred to the FMS Team for this box now, anything up to 5 days! This is getting more than a little ridiculous now.

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength
Further to that, finally updated at 6pm tonight. I now have virgin 360! 😄

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mrs_G1 

Thanks for updating the thread.

It's great to see  that you have a working 360.

It might be a good idea to make a note of the following page with lot's of tips for getting  the most out of your 360.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Any problems you can't solve though, just create a new post and we'll try and help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali