cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv 360 remote pairing

mk
Tuning in

I can’t seem to pair my tv 360 remote with my LG 42LM620T tv. I have tried changing batteries, typing in various combinations of the model number, scan for devices, factory reset remote. The engineer who called out to swap out my V6 box as it was unable to upgrade to 360 tried for a few minutes but gave up and left. It’s odd that the   TiVo remote control had no such issues. I have a mini 360 box on an older tv and it worked fine. Any suggestions gratefully received as it really is a pain using two remotes 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mk wrote:

I can’t seem to pair my tv 360 remote with my LG 42LM620T tv. I have tried changing batteries, typing in various combinations of the model number, scan for devices, factory reset remote. The engineer who called out to swap out my V6 box as it was unable to upgrade to 360 tried for a few minutes but gave up and left. It’s odd that the   TiVo remote control had no such issues. I have a mini 360 box on an older tv and it worked fine. Any suggestions gratefully received as it really is a pain using two remotes 

Hi @mk 

Did the tech actually leave a new box that is showing the 360 interface?

I have an LGNANO796NE which pairs if I type in either nano or 796N as the device model number. 

Strangely I've just tried typing in LM62 (your device) and it worked for me, so please try typing in LM62 as your device model number.

You could also try typing in Nano if LM62 doesn't work.  Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four  consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance the LG  55UP77006LB  I would try entering  UP77 or 7700 or 06LB  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG 

If the above doesn't work then please try the following method of pairing which is slightly different to the normal procedure:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Did you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

failing the above you could also try factory resetting the 360 box.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

N ormally I would suggest that you choose Keep Recordings, which means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.  However since it hasn't been set up fully yet then you should choose Format Disk.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mk wrote:

Hi @mk 

Did the tech actually leave a new box that is showing the 360 interface?

I have an LGNANO796NE which pairs if I type in either nano or 796N as the device model number. 

Strangely I've just tried typing in LM62 (your device) and it worked for me, so please try typing in LM62 as your device model number.

You could also try typing in Nano if LM62 doesn't work.  Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four  consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance the LG  55UP77006LB  I would try entering  UP77 or 7700 or 06LB  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG 

If the above doesn't work then please try the following method of pairing which is slightly different to the normal procedure:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Did you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

failing the above you could also try factory resetting the 360 box.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

N ormally I would suggest that you choose Keep Recordings, which means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.  However since it hasn't been set up fully yet then you should choose Format Disk.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Pairing Option worked

many thanks for your assistance

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @mk 

Thanks for updating the thread. Good to see you've solved the pairing issue.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.