Menu
Edvm123
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tv 360 issues

Hi all...

After having the new 360 box for a few months now I’m having a couple of issues, well more annoyances to be honest & are follows:

HDMI issue, it drops out occasionally, on the tv source menu HDMI 1 normally lists as ‘Virgin TV’ but every few days or so the source menu label reverts back to HDMI 1 label & effects the one touch switch on/off...so instead of Tv switching to standby when switching box to stand by the tv will display no signal I then have to turn tv off manually or let the countdown timer on tv expire...

Equally when switching on box the tv won’t ‘handshake’ with tv when HDMI drops out, thus no output...

I have checked cables all cables for both being pushed fully home & even replaced the HDMI cable from box to tv but still getting the same behaviour.

Not a massive issue but slightly annoying when it happens & the only work around is to factory reset the box which fixes it for a few days.

I have also simply left it alone when the above behaviour occurs & the handshake will seemingly reinstate itself after a day or two.

I can only put this down to a bug in the box/firmware as all other inputs retain there correct labelling on hdmi list on tv & do handshake accordingly...

This started as an intermittent issue but seems to be becoming a more regular occurrence.

All other inputs retain there correct labelling ie soundbar, game console etc & auto switching is fine on both of those so can only put it down to a bug in the 360 box...

2. Sound bar volume drastically lower compared with use with freeview, when using v360 having to increase volume to 35 plus...With free view around 12 plus to hear sound.

I have read that v6 boxes output sound around 10db lower so guess the same 360 box ?

Hence having to compensate by increasing volume accordingly, however the difference is vast..

Any advise appreciated as always...

Ed

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv 360 issues

Surely input naming resetting is an issue from the TV end. I have not had any issues with source drop out and source names have never reset. Might be worth trying  a factory reset on the TV 360 box and if that does not fix it  maybe a reset on your TV. Do you only have one Tv360 box. If you have 2 try swapping them ans see if the issue follows the box or the TV.Would help diagnose whats causing the problem

0 Kudos
Edvm123
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I must admit I’ve not carried out factory rest on the tv itself as yet...

I have however factory reset the 360 box, which does seem to fix it but only for a short time...

Never had this issue with my previous v6 box though...

I’ll give tv reset a go although I’m a little sceptical that this will make a difference at this point as all other HDMI inputs correctly display correct component name all the time, just v360 plays up...

The HDMI labelling self assigns accordingly just not always with 360 box...

Will give tv reset a try in the next couple of days, as ever having the opportunity to do this is challenging due to work commitments etc...

Thanks again...

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Edvm123 wrote:

The HDMI labelling self assigns accordingly just not always with 360 box...

If you disconnect your games console doesn't your TV keep the disconnected device's name, my TV does, maybe your TV is different or I am misreading what you mean. If you have an HDMI port that you are not using I would try connecting the 360 to that and see if you still have the same problem, if you do and you have a second 360 box then try swapping the boxes as suggested.

0 Kudos
Edvm123
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok I,ve managed to get time to reset tv also, & as feared made zero difference...

Source list still says HDMI 1 not ‘Virgin Tv’....

When his happens it’s a bit of a lottery as to wether it will power up normally ie take box out of standby & tv booting up with it & wether or not Tv will go into standby when powering down box...

Eventually in the coming days it will display as Virgin Tv on source list & only then behave as it should only for it to drop out again a few days later...

Its not like it’s unusable so I guess I’ll have to live with it for now just means i’ll have to press the Tv button top left of remote to power down tv to standby when it misbehaves...

Its just one of those odd ones I thought worth a mention...

Oh & yes game console does display console name even when powered down both off & standby as does soundbar, but both these are & never been an issue anyway...

I only have the one 360 box at present so swapping is not an option.

Only getting input drop out v360 as described in my OP...

Its very sporadic in nature but have now feel tried all the obvious, resets replacing cables etc...

I just think I have an iffy box as this only happened after upgrading from v6 which was fine...

Can only hold out for another firmware upgrade i guess keeping in mind we have had our 360 for a good few months now so being a very early adopter makes me think later issued boxes may be more robust with connectivity/hdmi handshaking...

As ever thanks for your contributions thus far...

0 Kudos