cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv 360 Remote

Rob07
Joining in

Hi.

Just upgraded to TV 360 on Monday 10th Oct - so only 3 days active. All setup OK but now the tv button on the remote doesn't work. No white light on corner of remote when pressed. Tried doing reset but nothing happens. In fact nothing happens when the tv button is pressed. Anyone able to help/solve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi Rob07,

If the light on the front of the 360 box flashes for every button except for the TV button and you have tried new batteries it sounds like the TV button is faulty. The quickest way to get a remote would be to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rob07 

If the remote appears to have stopped working wiggle it a few times. You should also make sure the the Power Saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Have you tried new batteries?

You said you had factory reset the 360 remote. Did you do this  by pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds?

If so try pairing it again. To pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

You can also  pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power again by pressing Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions -

Often when using the device name or button presses their is more than one match, so don't just accept the first one  that appears to work, try a few more.

Providing you have paired the TV with the 360 remote and set One Power to On in the 360 settings then if the TV is connected via an HDMI cable and compatable it will turn Off the TV.

The white TV button also switches off the fast forward arrows etc when fast forwarding a recording

You can also use the white TV button to switch between the last two programs watched.

There is an online Help page that may be useful for the 360 remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-remote-control-not-working/which-tv-box 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave and thanks for reply. The remote is working just the "TV" button on the top right hand side of the OK button (not the tv power button) isn't. So when I press tv and rewind nothing happens. If I press tv and 0 to pair nothing happens. Pressing any other button the white light appears on top right of remote. When I press the "tv" button no light. Hope this makes sense 😫

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Rob07 

To be honest I seldom see my 360 remote light up, it either flashes too quickly for me (I might need new batteries) or it isn't dark enough in the room to notice.

That particular TV button should take you out of On Demand,  recordings,  and apps such as Amazon Prime and place you back on the last live TV channel you were watching.

It should also take you back from a live channel  to the last channel viewed  (unless you've been watching On demand, an app or recording prior to watching that live channel)

If it still isn't working and you've tried rebooting the 360 then you could try factory resetting the 360.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi Rob07,

If the light on the front of the 360 box flashes for every button except for the TV button and you have tried new batteries it sounds like the TV button is faulty. The quickest way to get a remote would be to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

Hi Rob07

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the remote issue.

I can see from a system check that you've spoke to the team since posting and we've ordered this for you.

Let me know how it is or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill