Menu
Andy111
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying to get the Upgrade

OK folks, I trying to upgrade our V6 boxes to the new 360 boxes, however seem to be going around in circles.

Firstly I've tried to upgrade online, however the site won't allow me to do it. So I've called and have been informed that since we have 3 V6 bxs, the upgrade cannot be done over the air and we will need an engineer to come out and sort. However due to Covid they cannot do any upgrades at present.

Anybody had the same issue, and is it true that they cannot upgrade over the air, or am I just being given wrong info?

0 Kudos
Unknown67
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to get the Upgrade

We’ve got 3 boxes and been told it needs an engineers visit (something to do with the levels). After reading some of the posts about upgrading and the woes that go with it, lost functionality and various other problems. I’m sticking with TiVo for now.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's true to say that engineer visits at the moment, are for single-room installs and fault-fixes only. Software migrations are neither, and are currently on-hold.

I'm not sure of the precise reasons why flashing more than 2 boxes causes issues - I've heard a variety of explanations - but they do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Andy111
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying folks. 

0 Kudos