cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Point: only records half

Gingernut1949
On our wavelength

I thought I'd made a mistake when it only recorded 22 minutes of episode 1, but it only recorded 22 minutes of episode 2.

Tiresome!

15 REPLIES 15

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Gingernut1949,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your recordings, can you please tell me if this is happening on any other programme?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

There was one other programme on Channel 4 that only recorded 22 minutes but I can't remember which one now.

It seems to have recorded the whole programme on Sunday evening but I haven't had time to watch it yet.

PB_KentGB
On our wavelength

Interesting, as I only had 16 mins of Trigger Point recorded on Sun 6 Feb 21 and was wondering where the rest had gone. I was forced to watch the whole thing on ITV Hub the following day on Monday, much to my annoyance.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank's both for coming back to us, 

Could you let us know the TV box's you currently have? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I have the 360 box.

I added the maximum 30 minutes onto the recording which wouldn't have been enough if it had only recorded 22 minutes again, but fortunately it behaved itself on Sunday night.

I'll advise if I have further problems. My only problem is I'm too busy to watch much and usually end up deleting programmes unwatched.

PB_KentGB
On our wavelength

I have the latest V6 boxes. I'd only done the firmware upgrade to 360 on the Saturday and the recording, along with others, were programmed the following day on Sunday There were no reported issues after the upgrade, but I'm convinced there is a bug, as why would a recording in the background I'm not watching prematurely end about 40 minutes before the program guide suggested. Nothing had forced an impromptu change to the ITV programme guide that night and I was within the limitations of successfully managing simultaneous recordings.

If it happens again, I'll post here.

Hello PB_KentGB

Sorry to hear this happened 

Have you encountered the same issue with other shows since your post 

Gareth_L

Actually, I had the same issue with the live recorded Man U v Southampton Premier League match made the day before. I got the same error message, "Oops, something went wrong. Try again" and can't play that recording either.

All other recordings were fine that day as I tested them all.

So, both boxes have been temperamental pointing to a bug which is becoming a nuisance now, as it's all a game of hit and miss now.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PB_KentGb, 

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming.

I am sorry you were unable to watch the game due to this issue.

Can you please confirm if you were using the box at the time the recording was taking place? Is there any chance that the equipment was powered down during the recording time at all? If not, could you please check and ensure that all cables leading to the equipment are secure and without damage?

Thank you

Nat