Menu
krustydad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Told by engineer I couldn't keep 2 HDD V6's when going T 360

As title.

Background. We have 2 V6's, contract ended so arranged to upgrade these to TV 360 and have a new 360 mini for a 3rd room.

Engineer turned up with 2x Minis and told me he'd be taking one of the V6's away.

We'd lose 1tb of space, and 6 concurrent tuners.

Reading here this doesn't seem to be the case, others are running multiple full STBs with hard drives and can play from alternate boxes as with the V6.

I do have concerns about apparent loss of organisation like folders for series links. Seems like the pretty interface is at the coat of functionality.

Lastly, although I arranged the new contract before the old one ended, I've been seriously overcharged as the new contract doesn't start until the install date? Doesn't seem right.

Appreciate confirmation/feedback on my points and concerns if any one has the time.

tia

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Told by engineer I couldn't keep 2 HDD V6's when going T 360

Your scenario is one that's not cropped up before, but I don't see any reason you can't migrate your existing V6 to 360, and add another mini. It's not clear whether the tech carried through with removing the second V6 or not?

Functionality, the TiVo platform is extremely mature and feature-rich. The SL & recording functionality is one area where 360 currently has some way to go, there's no getting around that.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking 're the contract dates, but you can usually renegotiate a new contract upto 30days before an existing one expires - and either have it effect immediately or specifically request it's post-dated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

krustydad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your quick reply.

The engineer left without doing anything, so currently we stall have our 2 existing 1tb V6's.

His recommendation was to cancel the 360 upgrade (we don't have the remotes yet anyway) and request a 3rd V6/TiVo instead.

He was under the impression that 2 full TV360s cannot "see" each other in the way the V6's do.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you have let the engineer leave with a V6 and been updated to 360 on the other V6 then it's too late to do anything.

If you sent the engineer away so you still have 2 V6 boxes I would keep them. If you really want to change to 360 you should then be able to have the 360 software downloaded to the V6's, and then add a mini box later.

japitts beat me to it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@krustydad wrote:

His recommendation was to cancel the 360 upgrade (we don't have the remotes yet anyway) and request a 3rd V6/TiVo instead.

I would concur with his recommendations, all things considered. Functionally, all additional V6 have the HDD, unlike the mini. TiVo platform vs 360 platform has to be your choice, but please do so on a considered basis as you can't revert back.

@krustydad wrote:

He was under the impression that 2 full TV360s cannot "see" each other in the way the V6's do.

That's untrue. New customers who get minis as multi-room don't need the functionality because of only having one HDD. But existing customers migrating existing boxes aren't subject to that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
krustydad
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for taking the time to answer.

Much clearer now, thank you.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @krustydad

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding mixed messages you have received regarding the 360 upgrade, apologies for any confusion caused. Do you have any further questions regarding the miniboxes?

Regarding your contract, would you like me to take a look at your account and look into what has happened with the charges?

Please let me know and I will send you a private message,

Many thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
krustydad
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sarina. 

Account is all sorted now.

It does seem that everything is a battle. Internally, everyone I've spoken to at VM have different understanding of the rules, deals and pricing. 

FWIW I have been told:

Additional boxes are £7.50, no £5, no £7.50, no £5 (website says £5 - "no, that's only for new accounts", but doesn't state that condition) After several calls I am now getting a 3rd V6 for £5 pcm.

Sky UHD. Website says £6 pcm, or included in price with Ultimate Oomph at renewal. That was a battle to not be charged, so I am being charged but should be receiving £6 rebate monthly.

Overpaid for June. This is being rebated on my next bill which balances out the "activation fee" for the additional box.

Summary. 

Read the forums here, and search the website. Know the facts and stand your ground. It shouldn't have to be such a battle!

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, krustydad, glad to hear it's sorted now. Apologies that everything was a battle we appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos