cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Box

russabbott
Just joined

Sync the new remote Sat to my tivo box. Tonight went to watch one of my.recordings that was there pre the new 360 remote and everything has gone. Is it possible to get these recordings back. At no point during the sync progress was I told I was going to lose anything. I extremely **bleep** off.

Regards Russ Abbott

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Read the document which came with the remote. IT IS CLEAR.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you've converted a V6 into a TV360. In which case yes, part of the process is that your V6's hard drive is reformatted before the new software is installed. Fundamentally, TV360 is not TiVo - it's completely different software - any recordings & series-links you had previously, are now gone.

Check point 2 of the standard flyer about the migration process, below.

upgrade v6.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Mark I'm absolutely gutted as I had all of last years Tigers game on there including the Nov conquest of Bath, plus the premiership final.

Gutted is a underestimation as I had all Tigers matches on there including the Nov demolition of Bath.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've also alluded to long-term archiving of recordings, something else that VM's TV service has never been intended for.

True, in most cases recordings have no time limit and there aren't any issues with keeping recordings for extended periods. But relying on a rented TV box for long-term storage isn't what they're intended for - and can catch you out in certain scenarios.

Think it's early-Nov that Tiggers come south, we may have got a spot of form by then.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi russabbott,

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community.

Many apologies if this wasn't advised with a 360 box upgrade as with this you would've lost any recordings.

Regards,

Kain