Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tivo 360 box

Hello

I have 2 new Tivo boxes but on one of them when I press the back button to rewind a live recording I only get about 2 and a half minutes. The other one works as expected and gives me over an hour.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo 360 box

On the new TV 360 only the main box has a hard drive the remote box does not so can only store a small amount of TV in it buffer. One disadvantage of the new TV 360...

My Broadband Ping - Home Broadband
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sounds normal. The thinner multiroom box has no HDD

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As others have said, the mini boxes will only pause for a max of around two and a half minutes.  The main box will buffer for over an hour.  I've found the best thing to do on the minis is to hit record if I want to pause for more than a couple of minutes.

On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I just installed the new TIVO360 boxes, I was sold on the advertisement and thought this was going to be a HUGE improvement but it seems like a big step back!
I used to be able to watch the two TIVO boxes separately and even watch the recording of the other box. Now I find the live pause is only for a couple of minutes but I also find that if I try to record on the mini box, it says there is no hard disk???
Do we have an option to cancel this "upgrade"?
How did you manage to get it to record on the mini Paul0263?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I meant paul0363 not 0263!
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same way as you do on the main box, by hitting the record button! Mine isn’t coming up with an error - it just says “scheduling recording”.

Have you got both the mini and the main connected to the hub either with an ethernet cable or via WiFi? Both boxes have to be connected to your hub for recording to work from the mini.

You may also need to reboot both boxes so that they see each other. If you go to settings>system>rename boxes, you should see all your boxes listed.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Recordings work fine between main and mini - if you have problems how are they connected to the SuperHub?

The mini box is limited to a couple of minutes buffer unless you are recording the programme. Main box buffer seems to be three hours.

I did some research before getting the '360' and knew it would be a new experience with a box with less features. It is NOT an upgrade but a change. But there is a lot more to come over time.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Since taking the offer I've realised I should have done more research, but I found it hard to get much solid information on the new boxes at the time. Perhaps that should have been the indicator to me that I should wait for a while. I'm genuinely curious to know what research you did and what information you were able to find out before deciding to go ahead.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@lennyv wrote:

Since taking the offer I've realised I should have done more research, but I found it hard to get much solid information on the new boxes at the time. Perhaps that should have been the indicator to me that I should wait for a while. I'm genuinely curious to know what research you did and what information you were able to find out before deciding to go ahead.

These boxes were released to VM customers in the Irish Republic (replacing their UPC Horizon box) about 3 months ago & there is a huge information page on the VM Ireland site describing what the boxes do (& a little of what they dont).

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos