Menu
StarLord
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo 360 box keeps restarting

So I’ve been having what seems to be a common problem with the TiVo 360 box; needing to restart every time I want to watch it and on a number of occasions just continuously ending in a boot loop. I.e from the welcome screen, to the virgin media logo, and back.

Tried the helpline and supposedly awaiting an engineers call back.  Either I missed the call or they haven’t bothered.  

Anyway, it’s making watching a very expensive tv package impossible and intolerable so I would love if someone could help. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo 360 box keeps restarting

Hi StarLord,

You posted under TIVO, but say you have a 360, so the advice is for a 360.

Sorry to hear of your issues with the 360. Have you checked all the cabling is snug and tight, especially the white coaxial?

Have you tried performing a factory reset? To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

With the 360 you won't lose your recordings as it's not a complete factory reset, however you will need to sign into apps such as iPlayer and ITV Hub again.

If that doesn't work and there are no issues in Check Service Status at the top of the page, then I'm afraid it sounds like another call to TV Faults.

It's best to call between 8am and 10am (9 and 10 on Sundays) to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've already been in touch and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Failing that a member of the Forum Staff may pick this up for you but it probably be Monday or Tuesday.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@StarLord

You've mentioned 360, so your post has been moved to the 360 section. By means of general advice, there's no such thing as a TiVo 360 - there's TiVo boxes, V6 boxes and 360. If you're not sure which you have, you can check here 

As far as general advice goes - regardless of which software your box is running - if it's rebooting and/or stuck in a reboot loop, it clearly has a fault and you're best off calling into report that.

Calling in is usually the quickest way, VM staff do monitor these boards but it's not a real-time response service and you may be waiting a day or so for them to work their way to your post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

StarLord
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Dave, I've done the factory reset and also changed a few settings including the standby options; I've moved down to the least efficient but quickest start up.  So far so good, touch wood it stays that way.

Apologies also for the misforum posting and thanks for moving to the right place. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @StarLord,

Welcome to our Community Forum. Thank you for your first post!

I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with your TV 360 box and apologies for the late reply.

I can see that @newapollo and @japitts were able to provide you with lots of insightful information and tips! 

Please keep this thread updated if you experience any further issues with this.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos