cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo 360 not linking

Davieboy91
Tuning in

Hi,

My mother in law is having issues with watching recordings on her 360 boxes in her room and her sons room. They can only watch recordings on the main box in the living room. Her main box is connected to internet via Ethernet cable and two other boxes are via wifi. On demand is working on both boxes and all diagnostic checks look ok. 

I have followed advice and switched boxes / router off and still got the same issue. Is there anything else I can try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had exactly the same problem with a main box and the mini - where the mini could see all the recordings but could not play them. I had my own router.

I found the only way I could get them to work was by connecting to the VM router itself. As soon as I switch back to my own router the recordings would not play.

Try removing the Deco booster as a test.

@Davieboy91 wrote:

Thank you.

I will try this tomorrow however it was on wifi settings and it was connected to her Deco booster she has. Everything looked spot on and all diagnostic checks looked ok but I will try this tomorrow.
cheers

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What are the issues your mother-in-law is having - can you be specific? Any error codes, for example?

As an aside, you've referred to "tivo 360", there's no such thing. TiVo refers both to the legacy hardware and also the TiVo software which is fundamentally different to the Horizon software which drives a 360.

I would assume you've got a V6 which was software-converted into a TV360-master, in which case it's no longer a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Davieboy91 

There is normally one main 360 and two mini boxes. The mini box don't have a hard drive so all recordings are stored on the main box, 

What onscreen error codes and messages does she see when unable to access the recordings?

It may be a good idea to for her to check the Standby power consumption settings on her 360 boxes.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. There are 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on the mini box

It is also imperative that main the 360 box is turned on, and the internet otherwise the recordings won't be reachable.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Newapollo

Thanks for the reply. The standby power settings is set to fast start.

She can access and see the recordings on both boxes and when she clicks on a recording to watch it looks as if it is going to start and then a message pops up on the top right corner of the screen saying the following : Oops we couldn’t connect to Virgin TV1. Please try again. 
As I said I have tried switching off and on, doing reset on them and still the same error. I am unsure what the I do now.

As a side node she got a new router last week , don’t think this would affect anything however maybe worth mentioning.

Thanks 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Davieboy91 

The new router will have a different network name (SSID) and password, so she will have to enter those into the mini box internet settings instead of the old ones (unless she changed the SSID and password on the hub to match the old ones)

EDIT Go to Settings > System > Change connection type > Wifi  - then she should search for the new SSID in the list that's showing, click on that and enter the password for that SSID.

She could also click on WPS set up instead of Wifi in the 360, and also click on the WPS button on the hub to try and connect

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you.

I will try this tomorrow however it was on wifi settings and it was connected to her Deco booster she has. Everything looked spot on and all diagnostic checks looked ok but I will try this tomorrow.
cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI again @Davieboy91 

I don't profess to be an internet expert, but it's possible that the Deco booster is still paired to the old hub and so may need rebooting, or setting up to the new hub SSID by using the Deco app.

Hopefully someone more literate with boosters will respond here for you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

I had exactly the same problem with a main box and the mini - where the mini could see all the recordings but could not play them. I had my own router.

I found the only way I could get them to work was by connecting to the VM router itself. As soon as I switch back to my own router the recordings would not play.

Try removing the Deco booster as a test.

@Davieboy91 wrote:

Thank you.

cheers

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Thank you Ozsat. This has resolved the issue.

@newapollo thanks for your help also, putting me on the correct path.

Cheers