Menu
TopDog0310
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The world’s worst customer service

Engineer fitted all but one of my services.

One TV mini box missing.

Paid for in my package - and the website clearly states they will fit everything in one day.

WRONG.

some clown says he cannot install a second TV box due to covid - FROM INSIDE MY HOUSE, after installing one TV Box and router. Didn’t realise COVID only cared about a second box being installed...

He says Virgin will send a second box to install myself.

I wait nearly a month.

Nothing.

Many attempts to contact this sorry excuse for a company, to arrange delivery.

Delivery scheduled Friday 12th March for a self install.

No delivery arrives.

I contact another clown at Virgin (must be a pre-requisite of a job there). I was told it will DEFINITELY arrive by 10pm. I waited (taking the day off work - DAILY RATE = £248).

Spent 1.5 hours talking to another clown on chat Saturday 13th March without resolution. Offered me £10 Credit (which FYI is the value of the second box.... There is no way in the wold I would be paying that with or without his offer).

I was insulted with this and asked to speak to his manager. Kumar refuses to transfer my chat. I try to explain to him that I lost £248 waiting in all day for a box that was meant to arrive, that I was CATEGORICALLY told WOULD arrive.

Now the only resolution I would be happy with his a full credit of the loss of earnings I suffered, as twice that week I was told it would arrive,.... the agent who booked it, and the agent I spoke to at approx 6pm Friday night.

So I expect Mr Branson to take his £167 bill and tear it up... cause I refuse to pay it - given i have already lost £248 waiting for a service THAT I AM STILL NOT GETTING!

Also, Kumar the agent on chat, after 90 mins, transferred me to the resolutions team at 14:47.
I was still waiting for that chat to be picked up at 16:15.

You have 48 hours to respond appropriately with a £248 credit to my account and good will gesture of a 1Gig WiFi upgrade to remove the bitter taste left in my mouth.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: The world’s worst customer service

Mr Branson has nothing to do with VM.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update 

• Where QuickStart is unavailable, we’re still installing Virgin TV boxes for new customers, but for now we won’t install any extra TV boxes to minimise our technicians’ time in customers’ homes. Customers will receive a £10 monthly bill credit until we can safely complete their order. Similarly, our technicians won’t install or move extra phone outlets, extensions or WiFi Pods, and ask customers to contact us by phone or through our online Messenger to reschedule when restrictions ease. For Hub installs or upgrades, we offering our install-it-yourself QuickStart service at no extra charge, where available. Replacement Virgin TV remotes are being sent out by post.

Did the engineer install a second coaxial point for the additional box?  If not then you will need another engineer visit to install the access point and additional box once covid restrictions are eased.

That's a little better than Sky whose engineers aren't entering homes https://www.sky.com/help/articles/visits-and-orders-covid-19

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
TopDog0310
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

However, your response does not explain why the website still says they install everything in one day. Which is a lie.

Your reply also does nothing to address the fact that on two occasions I was promised that it would be delivered by courier - resulting me in taking a day off work.

If Virgin Media’s protocol is strictly no second box - even by courier - why would they tell me it was scheduled for delivery, and then subsequently again on the day of alleged delivery - that it WILL arrive.

This inability to convey clear protocol instructions is evidently inherent throughout the company, as one employee tells me that it is a WiFi setup that I can do myself. Another tells me that it is en-route (which was a lie). And all of this meant I took the day off work - to my cost, which I now pass on to the CEO of VM, whether it is Richard Branson or not.

Their inability to inform their customers appropriately should not be to my financial detriment. It actually compounds the matter if they knew that it needed a COAX input and told me it was with WiFi which I could do myself and advised the delivery date... I now definitely seek loss of earnings.

Thank you for your input - you have now galvanised and reinforced my argument.

Awaiting appropriate response from VM directly.

0 Kudos
TopDog0310
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

As you can see for yourself.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/switching?intcmpid=Link_PrimaryNav_Switcher#acc-1ebff208-5ac4-46c9-...

FAQ’s

Do you install all the services at the same time?

“We do indeed! Because we own our entire network - unlike a lot of other providers - we're able to have all your services up and running on the same day.”

Seems like a whole heap of gloating based on fiction.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LC85
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You can take them to a small claims court if you want to try recovering earnings. Same happened to me with Currys, also staffed by a large number of clowns.

comnut
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Branson made £££ by selling off VM to 'Liberty global' , a massive multi-national company, that explains a lot of the 'rot'..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Media#Recent_years

I have personally experienced the 'lack of maintenance' of VM's website, so I would only trust phone support.. lets hope they can get it sorted..

To add insult to injury, collect+ has been taken over by Yodel, so they are 'stuck', cannot even read a map!!! an engineer may be expensive, But a 'human' can at least 'read a map' 🙂

It is a bit like buying a complex car from a engineer friend - super-fast, comfortable, but you need his help if it needs fixing..

With VM there is only one company responsible!!

BT make a lot of fancy claims too, but since they provide the services for hundreds of other companies, and services the lines through 'subsidiaries' like openreach and others, and have massive 'shareholders' to support, there is quite often problems of communication, the 'chain' is 5 or 6 long.. It is quite normal for an engineer waiting for a response from one of the companies to enable then to start work..  It is 'quite normal' for a wait of 'just a few weeks' to sort out a simple fault...

This why a friend will NEVER go back to them.

A quick video about why UK is so bad with internet... skip to 6 mins to avoid the tech stuff 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDp9-tSYpU0

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

If you have the Sunday Times Today 

Business section ' Do Virgin have the worse Customer Service ' 🤔😉

Kickoverthestatues
comnut
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Nothing between BT and Virgin then, both on 89% Bad.

0 Kudos
comnut
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

check my previous post!  do you want to argue with ten different men at different times, or just one... 😛

there are a few others using their own lines, but they are VERY limited and small areas of the country...

0 Kudos