Menu
tailwind
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The upgrade install won't activate

I have had engineer coming to upgrade yesterday to Ooopmh bundle but the 360 Box won't activate with an error CS1011. The engineer told me that there was a problem with activation all day yesterday. 

It has been over 18 hours and it still won't activate. I have had no TV for all this time and doesn't look like it is coming anytime soon. 

Calling 1st line won't help as they have no idea!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: The upgrade install won't activate

I had a look and a CS1011 fault is a account retrieval issue. It appears the engineer hasn't set you up correctly. I'd call VM again and explain this and demand an urgent call out.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's all fine and dandy @HavencroftKev but if there is an issue with a/c activations, then it's not the agent's fault.

So the advice to "demand an urgent callout" not only may not be the best way to progress, but isn't likely to endear any customer to a C/S agent who just happens to pick up the wrong end of this....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@japitts if there was an issue with the a/c activations then the agent should have stayed onsite and contacted VM and help solve the issue.  Not walk away mid install and leave the customer without a TV service.

And when I said demand an urgent call out I absolutely didn't suggest becoming angry with any call handlers! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@HavencroftKev wrote:

if there was an issue with the a/c activations then the agent should have stayed onsite and contacted VM and help solve the issue.  Not walk away mid install and leave the customer without a TV service.

And risk disappointing other customers waiting for installs, when this could potentially be resolved remotely, later? Especially when there's (probably) nothing more the install tech can do....

I'm not saying this is always the best course of action.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tailwind
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After many phone calls later, I am still waiting to get through someone who can help :-(.

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HavencroftKev why would the engineer stay if there is a 'known' national issue affecting all new activations?  Its not a local fault, its a national issue.  There would be no point in him taking his sleeping bag and staying there the night as he cant fix a backend issue

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Was there really a "national issue" though? And as I see this customer still isn't connected several days later I get the impression this story was a fob off. 

0 Kudos