Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The new 360 box

I was offered the new 360 box via email, and I took up the offer. BIG mistake. It would not work at the first step of loading. At the end of a 40 minute phone call, most of that waiting for someone to speak to, I was told within 3 minutes they couldn't help with the problem and a manager would call me back within 48 hours to try and fix the problem.  I was also told that I was part of a trial which came as a suprise as the email offering me the box did not mention this. I was perfectly happy with the Tivo box.

As the tivo box has been disconnected that will no longer work, So 48 hours with no TV at least.....fuming.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: The new 360 box

Hi Swingit,

It sounds like when the old box was deactivated the new box didn't receive an automatic activation signal.

Have you called 0800 953 9500 to get the new box activated? .

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did you have a TiVo or a V6? If it was a TiVo the new box is different in that it needs a connection to the hub (best done with an Ethernet cable).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Correct the new box was deactivated. But the new one just comes up with an error code, which tells you to phone 150 for assistance. Which I did, but they could not do anything to resolve the situation. The new box came with NO instructions on how to install, there are no instructions on Virgin sites and the only thing I could find on line was an Irish video on Youtube. But if the 'experts' at Virgin could not help I do not not think box activation is the answer. But thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You have come on here looking for help been given the correct answer, ie phone the activation number, then know better.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I had the new box delivered this morning. There was a slight problem when trying to activate the box.

However this was sorted after being put through to someone who sent a signal to the box. It turned out that the box was not on the account even though I had received an email to say it was.

Everything was up and running after that.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I think the answer was more complicated, two hours after phoning for help, I decided to try rebooting again and it was up and running without entering any ID box etc. But if the box had been delivered with instructions included it might have been easier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If you are having just the main V360 box, then the setup is the same as the V6 (except it runs different firmware).

https://youtu.be/lxdC9XaGR38 

These boxes are currently on an extended trial, so the support is a bit patchy.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I had just the new box. No set up instructions, and no help when reporting error code. Started it up again later the same day and it had been sorted remotely. Still annoyed that I was not informed that it was a trial run.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swingit,

Thank you for your post.

Our apologies for any issues you've had with this. I'm glad to hear it is sorted. 

^Martin

0 Kudos