Menu
55Swin
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Elusive 2nd 360 MiniBox

Really Gttig to the end of my tether with Virgin!!!🤪🤪🤔🤔🤔😤😤😤😤Was repeatedly told I could add my missing 2nd mini box to my Ultimate Oomph Package from the 12th April ( lockdown easing ) And hurrah did it all booked for 22nd until  yesterday get some updated weird lettering NaN  on my my order. 1 1/2 hrs of (Never going to get this part of my life back again!!!!) later , and although told by 3 different departments to the contrary was  informed by an offshore centre manager that due to covid Restrictions????? no bookings can be taken for this. ...... Thought this is nonsense so called retentions straight away (  UK call centre ) who said that was ,in fact , Nonsense and was sure engineer bookings were now being given for non essential visits as easing had happened ???? kindly put me through to the right department who double checked and  was able to process  it..........YEESSS gave me an appointment for 27th. Double Checked my account and all was good until 1/2 hr ago today Where surprise surprise has now got NaN. So I'm hoping One of your team picks this up and sorts it as It really making Virgin look Laughable .Am interested in other members experience with this .

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Elusive 2nd 360 MiniBox

Well I have also had nothing but confusion and misinformation with regards to my missing mini box as well. You got further than me though by at leats getting an order generated. May I ask what you mean by 'NaN'?
0 Kudos
55Swin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen , well apparently Virgin uses it when, although you've wasted your day  on the phone booking an appointment,  getting a confirmation order number and appointment date and time ,recorded on your account only for them to later  remove your appointment date and replace that with NaN, and it seems to  stand for ........"Not a Narwhal's"   Chance of us coming!!!!!!?????

TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was also told today that I couldn't get a mini box due to no non-essential engineer visits.  I was advised to try asking again early May.

0 Kudos
55Swin
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tony. Nice of you to join our little Jackanory Club.  I have been told so many  nonsense stories by different members of Virgin Media , I'm expecting to see their newest colleague.....Derek Trotter.... pop up selling Packages out of his suitcase down the market !!! I was even told , at one point, by a technical department staff member , that the reason my appointment had been voided was that I didn't actually need an engineer and the box was being   posted to me and I'd receive it in 3 to 4 business days and then they would just ping a signal to activate it. ( Which  actually made complete sense , as I'd already self installed the rest of the equipment!!!!.)..Obviously that was "" Can you Guess" ..."Yes that's right " Not True!!! ......Tony,  we live in hope!! Stay Strong 😤😤👍👍

0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've received so many different tales over the last couple of days in well over 4 hours of chat and phone calls...

At one point I was informed that the 360 software patch couldn't be pushed to my box because I had a £22/month discount, so they'd put me through to someone who could remove the discount, upload the patch, then re-apply the discount. The chap they transferred me to laughed out loud at that one.

Eventually, through this forum, not from anything Virgin told me, I discovered that the problem was that I had a TiVo box in a second room and that prevented them from pushing the patch to my V6 box. Then the conversation went...

"So send me a mini and I'll disconnect the TiVo and you can send the patch"
"Sorry, we can't send it, an engineer has to install it."
"Ok, so let's book an engineer"
"Sorry, no non-essential visits at present. The only way you could do it is if you changed your TiVo to a V6"
"Ok, so could you send me a V6 box to replace it?"
"Yes, absolutely"
"Great!"
"But there would be an activation charge..."
"Ahhh... how much?"
"£120"
"I see.  Let's forget the whole thing for now, shall we."
"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

🙂

0 Kudos
55Swin
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My God...... I really did think it was just me , but No, it looks like it must be  all customers....Absolutely Ridiculous !!!! I really can't believe the Virgin  Honcho's got together and went , Right we've got this amazing Broadband and "Now" a half decent Media package that will definitely give us a good market share , but I'll tell you what we'll do , we'll not bother with  customer service..Once we've got their money , Any one that has issues/questions/requests we'll just pass them around from dept to dept on endless hold until they get to the point where they either lose the will to live or forget why they rang in the first place.......

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon all. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having some issues with getting the install of your second box. 

At this moment in time we are still not taking up and non essential work, If your second box is a TiVo box then this would need to be replaced by an engineer. 

Sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Doesn’t affect me (no desire for second box) but if TiVo box plugs into coax and mains, and mini box dies the same, why does it need an engineer ? I’d have thought it only needs an engineer if a new outlet is needed.

0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@mwarby wrote:

Doesn’t affect me (no desire for second box) but if TiVo box plugs into coax and mains, and mini box dies the same, why does it need an engineer ? I’d have thought it only needs an engineer if a new outlet is needed.

My thoughts exactly.

0 Kudos